+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CANADA- don't you dare fail me! for Aspiring Pinoys ;(

vincesaint

Jul 3, 2014
Mabuhay!

I sincerely applaud you for pursuing your dreams! Like you, it has always been my dream to live and work abroad. I hope we can help each other out to make that dream happen. The problem is, where should i start first? :( I made an outline below on the steps on how to live and work in CANADA -based on my personal research and im not sure if this is actually right. PLEASE feel free to correct it

1.) Find a job and obtain a job offer

2.) secure a working visa from the embassy

3.) get a loan 100k or more???

4.) ask someone if they can let you live with them temporary in CANADA(3mos-6mos) until you can find your own space???

5.) fly to canada and start work???

Am I missing important points? Yeah I think so. PLEASE share your tips and inputs

mylady833

Sep 28, 2011
Saskatoon
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 25, 2013
Doc's Request.
Aip May 15, 2014, DM July 12,2014
Interview........
07-08-2014
LANDED..........
07-08-2014
First you need to determine if what stream you are qualified as there are different kind of routes to be in Canada. Try to go to CIC website and fill out the online questionnaire if what is the best for you to come to Canada. I advice that you come here as Permanent Resident than as a worker especially with the current rules about temporary foreign worker. 100K is not enough under Federal skilled workers. You needed to have at least $10k dollars on your account plus another $$$$ for every accompanying family member. If there is an arranged employment or job offer then you do not need proof of funds.

vincesaint

Jul 3, 2014
thank you mylady. :)
i will definitely try to check the cic website.
i will update you on a result.
Question, wouldn't it be harder to get a permanent resident visa compared with TFW visa?
Because if that's the case then i should definitely look for a sponsor, right?

mylady833

Sep 28, 2011
Saskatoon
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 25, 2013
Doc's Request.
Interview........
07-08-2014
LANDED..........
07-08-2014
vincesaint said:
thank you mylady. :)
i will definitely try to check the cic website.
i will update you on a result.
Question, wouldn't it be harder to get a permanent resident visa compared with TFW visa?
Because if that's the case then i should definitely look for a sponsor, right?
With the current overhauling on the TFW it would be difficult to get an offer. Unless you are highly skilled then you can apply under Federal Skilled Worker. As i was saying if you opted to land as a Permanent Resident you do not need to have a sponsor. Sponsorship is needed on some Provincial Nominees like Manitoba and Saskatchewan for Family Sponsorship.

vincesaint

Jul 3, 2014
I did try the questionnaire but unfortunately im not qualified. :( does that mean i should give up my dream??? what are my other options here? O please, it will be a dream come true if i made it there!!!

"to dream the impossible dream... to fight the unbeatable foe.... to bear with unbearable sorrow... and to run where the brave dare not go..."

mylady833

Sep 28, 2011
Saskatoon
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 25, 2013
Doc's Request.
Interview........
07-08-2014
LANDED..........
07-08-2014
vincesaint said:
I did try the questionnaire but unfortunately im not qualified. :( does that mean i should give up my dream??? what are my other options here? O please, it will be a dream come true if i made it there!!!

"to dream the impossible dream... to fight the unbeatable foe.... to bear with unbearable sorrow... and to run where the brave dare not go..."
Then your only chance is to apply for work permit. Try applying on this site www.jobbank.gc.ca this is where i got hired, direct by employer, no fees paid, plane ticket paid by employer too. Goodluck!!!!

adees

Star Member
Dec 3, 2013
mylady833 said:
Then your only chance is to apply for work permit. Try applying on this site www.jobbank.gc.ca this is where i got hired, direct by employer, no fees paid, plane ticket paid by employer too. Goodluck!!!!
hi mylady what is your nationality?

mylady833

Sep 28, 2011
Saskatoon
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 25, 2013
Doc's Request.
Interview........
07-08-2014
LANDED..........
07-08-2014

adees

Star Member
Dec 3, 2013
mylady833 said:
I am 100% Pinoy
you know what your very helpful... Thank you for sharing your knowledge ... I hope someday we can meet in canada and personally thank you ... You also help me in regarding polo processing... :)

mylady833

Sep 28, 2011
Saskatoon
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 25, 2013
Doc's Request.
Interview........
07-08-2014
LANDED..........
07-08-2014
adees said:
you know what your very helpful... Thank you for sharing your knowledge ... I hope someday we can meet in canada and personally thank you ... You also help me in regarding polo processing... :)
Your welcome! Just PM me when you get in Canada and maybe we could meet. Goodluck!!!

vincesaint

Jul 3, 2014
im already checking the job listing. Im having a hard time choosing what job to take. should i start as a clerk first? should i look for jobs that accept foreigners, because some doesnt specify if the job is open for foreigners?

disappointed10

Nov 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-12-2014
Med's Done....
13-12-2014
Passport Req..
august 19 2015
Just like you vincent , i was once a dreamer to and as long as u pursue ur dreams and do what u got to do ull be here soon :)

mylady833

Sep 28, 2011
Saskatoon
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 25, 2013
Doc's Request.
Interview........
07-08-2014
LANDED..........
07-08-2014
vincesaint said:
im already checking the job listing. Im having a hard time choosing what job to take. should i start as a clerk first? should i look for jobs that accept foreigners, because some doesnt specify if the job is open for foreigners?
Apply on those positions that you are qualified. Check the qualifications and requirements. Usually they have it on their Ads if they accept applicants by mail, email or phone. Just send your resume and cover letter to those jobs that you feel you are qualified. If you are lucky you will get an email from them for an interview. Happy job hunting!!!!