Waived
Passport Req..
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
08-11-2012
LANDED..........
30-11-2012!
danielren said:
Just a tip for you, for tax purposes, this is the only chance for your wife to declare any assets held in foreign countries, as this value would be counted as cost basis for calculating any capital gain/loss in the future if there is any at the time of disposal. :)
Wow, this is great information. Since I'm here in Canada already and don't have anything left back home except for my condo, I was thinking I would not need to declare anything when I land. Thanks!

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AnaMaria said:
Wow, this is great information. Since I'm here in Canada already and don't have anything left back home except for my condo, I was thinking I would not need to declare anything when I land. Thanks!
Your understanding was correct if you have no goods you'll be importing when you land or in the future - the B4 and B4A are only to declare goods to enable you to import them duty free (details below).

Financial assets are declared on your tax return - you may want to check with CRA or an accountant how that works if you are already in Canada.

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AnaMaria said:
Just make sure to fill out a form. I'm not anywhere close to be landing and not familiar with the process but if you search in this forum, you should be able t find out what form.

Congratulations!
Correct :) The info is below:

Importing goods duty free
How to import your goods duty free as a settler (or returning Canadian): The B4/B4A story.
Detailed instructions on the B4/B4A from CBSA are at BSF5113 and at BSF5087 .

Importing your vehicle – step by step guide
Process to importing your car
Items to consider as you decide when to import your car

omidakh

Star Member
May 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-03-2011
File Transfer...
13-05-2011
Med's Done....
02-12-2011 & 2nd 02-02-2011
Passport Req..
16-05-2012
VISA ISSUED...
29-05-2012
mehdiR said:
Omid jan

hi , have u guys found a good shipping company( freight) to send your belongings?
The reason I 'm asking is that I called a few companies , and it's a bit costly to send stuff from Iran because of sanctions . One told me that it costs us around 5 grand to bring the 20-foot crate up to the new found land border .then the rest we have to take care of. !!

They send the stuff to dubai , then they move the things to another container , with the sender being a dubai based company ( sanctions again) they send it to canada.

So I figured with this dollar to rial exchange rate , does the stuff worth around 10 million tomans at least?

what is your input brother?
Mehdi jan,

No, we have sold all of our big items all she is bringing is some small stuff and some household goods.I am getting it sent with her on her flight,I didnt want to deal with the headache of waiting for big item things to come in a crate so we sold everything.

omidakh

Star Member
May 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-03-2011
File Transfer...
13-05-2011
Med's Done....
02-12-2011 & 2nd 02-02-2011
Passport Req..
16-05-2012
VISA ISSUED...
29-05-2012
My wife just phoned me, she told me the freight place she took it to could not freight her goods to arrive with her at the same time.They will be arriving a day before her.What do I do am sooo mad.She gave customs my name and number to contact but she hasn't even landed yet.So I have no idea how to deal with customs.Can anyone help me?