+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canada child benefit

Behraad

Dec 13, 2016
hello everyone,

We became PR four months ago and I applied child benefit for my kid, i filled the form RC66, but today i got a mail back from CRA saying that (we cannot calculate the amount you may be entitled.... if you provide the information we asked for in the detailed explanation section, we will process it.)
Can anyone tell me what is detailed explaination section? As i checked the form there is no section by that name
Any advice will be appreciated
Thanks in advance

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
hello everyone,

We became PR four months ago and I applied child benefit for my kid, i filled the form RC66, but today i got a mail back from CRA saying that (we cannot calculate the amount you may be entitled.... if you provide the information we asked for in the detailed explanation section, we will process it.)
Can anyone tell me what is detailed explaination section? As i checked the form there is no section by that name
Any advice will be appreciated
Thanks in advance
Hi

Did you fill out the RC66SCH form as well?

AZ512

Oct 7, 2017
Hi,

I am a protected person along with 3 kids. Can I apply for CCB? If yes, would that be retroactive? I applied for refugee status in Oct 2016 and received a positive decision in April 2017. Thanks

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,

I am a protected person along with 3 kids. Can I apply for CCB? If yes, would that be retroactive? I applied for refugee status in Oct 2016 and received a positive decision in April 2017. Thanks
You don't qualify for CCB as a refugee but you can apply as a protected person so it will be retroactive to April 2017. Your children must be with you in Canada to qualify.