+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canada and US information sharing: Notes from US visa officer included?

paulm0920

Mar 9, 2020
Basically, my immigration consultant told me that I do not have to declare my US student loans because they are not connected to my proof of funds and not even from the same country as my bank. However, when I applied for a US f1 visa a couple of years back (which was denied) I mentioned to the visa officer that I will be paying with cosigned US student loans. Will IRCC find out about this detail, if the visa officer wrote it down? When I asked my immigration consultant, she said that there is no evidence that IRCC looks this deep into the US database beyond criminality, visa rejections and violations.

pavan23

Nov 18, 2014
Hi, There are scenarios where people have been rejected of student loans in US. You can search on this forum you might find more details regarding that. If your consultant is so sure that it will not have an impact, go ahead and apply.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Well if one of the reasons your US visa was denied was due to the loans then you should ensure you share that with any Canadian immigration application. Just because a consultant implies they doubt IRCC looks that deeply does not make it necessarily so. Always keep in mind it is your application not the consultants so any omissions or misrepresentation are down to you not your consultant . Decision is yours to make but you are obviously concerned else you wouldn’t have asked the question.

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Basically, my immigration consultant told me that I do not have to declare my US student loans because they are not connected to my proof of funds and not even from the same country as my bank. However, when I applied for a US f1 visa a couple of years back (which was denied) I mentioned to the visa officer that I will be paying with cosigned US student loans. Will IRCC find out about this detail, if the visa officer wrote it down? When I asked my immigration consultant, she said that there is no evidence that IRCC looks this deep into the US database beyond criminality, visa rejections and violations.
Information sharing agreements are reciprocal. Base your application on them being able to see everything