+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can your sponsor can cancel your LOA/PNP approval

B

BlessedMe

spartan.spartacus said:
Hello. Can your sponsor can still cancel your LOA/PNP approval once you have your visa? Anyone pls. Thanks
no, they can't..once visa is issued, not even you, the applicant, can't cancel that..and RPRF paid will not be refunded if visa is stamped already..sponsors play part during your PNP application, but in visa application, it will be your part...although it will be difficult for you to establish upon landing to Canada without your sponsor's help... and if sponsors deliberately try to cancel your visa, well, they can try, but it will have negative feedback on them and will probably have problems in their future sponsorship..

manubobby

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2011
Kerala, India
Category........
Visa Office......
[b]New Delhi[/b]
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
[b]09/12/2013[/b]
AOR Received.
[b]04/01/2014[/b]
File Transfer...
[b]10/01/2014[/b]
Med's Done....
[b]15/11/2013[/b]
Interview........
[b]IN PROCESS: 31/07/2014 DM: 11/08/2014[b]
Passport Req..
[b]24/01/2014[/b]
VISA ISSUED...
[b]07/08/2014[b]
LANDED..........
[b]19/09/2014[b]
BlessedMe said:
no, they can't..once visa is issued, not even you, the applicant, can't cancel that..and RPRF paid will not be refunded if visa is stamped already..sponsors play part during your PNP application, but in visa application, it will be your part...although it will be difficult for you to establish upon landing to Canada without your sponsor's help... and if sponsors deliberately try to cancel your visa, well, they can try, but it will have negative feedback on them and will probably have problems in their future sponsorship..
Well said blessedme.. Cheers :)

carl zeiss

Nov 22, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19 Nov 2011
Nomination.....
09 Jan 2012
AOR Received.
24 Apr 2012 CIO
File Transfer...
04 Jul 2012 CEM
Med's Request
29 Sep 2012
Med's Done....
13 Oct 2012
Passport Req..
14 Jan 2013
VISA ISSUED...
30 Jan 2013
LANDED..........
25 Jun 2013
BlessedMe said:
Accdg to CIC "You will have to pay: The processing fee for you and your dependants must be paid when you apply. It is not refundable, even if your application is not approved.The Right of Permanent Residence fee for you and your accompanying spouse or common-law partner, if applicable. You will need to pay this fee if your application is approved. It must be paid before Citizenship and Immigration Canada issues your permanent resident visa. This fee is refundable if you cancel your application, if your application is not approved, or if you do not use your visa."

Apr 5, 2012
carl zeiss said:
Accdg to CIC "You will have to pay: The processing fee for you and your dependants must be paid when you apply. It is not refundable, even if your application is not approved.The Right of Permanent Residence fee for you and your accompanying spouse or common-law partner, if applicable. You will need to pay this fee if your application is approved. It must be paid before Citizenship and Immigration Canada issues your permanent resident visa. This fee is refundable if you cancel your application, if your application is not approved, or if you do not use your visa."
How much do you need to pay for the RPRF? Thanks

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
RPRF = $490/person

spartan.spartacus said:
How much do you need to pay for the RPRF? Thanks

B

BlessedMe

SenoritaBella said:
RPRF = $490/person
$490 each except for dependent children (adopted, legal, or illegitimate) less than 22 years of age and is not a spouse of anyone...dependent children are not required to pay RPRF

B

BlessedMe

carl zeiss said:
according to my sponsor, it is not refundable, but if this site says so, then i think i should believe the cic site..anyway, he was asking about the cancellation of LOA

nitsam

Star Member
May 29, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
INDIA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-02-2012
Nomination.....
WAITING
AOR Received.
WAITING
IELTS Request
SUBMITTED
IF THEY ACCESSED YOUR FILE THEY CHARGED FOR THE SAME,IF U ASK TO WITHDRAW THE FILE BEFORE ACCESSING THEY WILL REFUND IT.

Canada0923

Feb 22, 2010
Hello Blessed Me,

We have almost same timeline, may i ask where did you go for the medical? and when do you expect the PPR?

my Timeline:
Type : MPNP Family stream
Nov. 2011 - applied to VO Manila
Feb 2012 - payment for Right of PR fee. & Updated NBI
Mar. 2012 - Req. for medical & Medical Done
Mar. 30, 2012 - Medical Submit by St. Lukes.
PPR - Waiting

hope to hear from you.

God Bless. :)

KAdnan

Star Member
Feb 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
[b]CHC London [img]http://www.anchoredbygrace.com/smileys/rotateflag.gif[/img]
NOC Code......
[b]S.I.N.P
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 August 2011
Doc's Request.
12 January 2012
Nomination.....
11 March 2011
AOR Received.
19 Sept 2011
IELTS Request
Waived
Med's Request
18 April 2012
Med's Done....
11 May 2012
Passport Req..
[b]PPR1. 31st Jan 2013, DM. 25th Feb 2013, PPR2. 4th March 2013, PPT Received ISB 07th March..
VISA ISSUED...
13 March 2013
LANDED..........
[b]07 May 2013
I have received this email from London Office....

Dear Mr. ABC,

This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada as a member of the provincial nominee class.

I have reviewed your application and all of the information you have provided in support of it and it appears that you do not meet the requirements for immigration to Canada.

Subsection 11(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) provides that a foreign national must, before entering Canada, apply to an officer for a visa or any other document required by the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations. The visa or document shall be issued if, following an examination, the officer is satisfied that the foreign national is not inadmissible and meets the requirements of the Act.

The provincial nominee class is an economic immigrant category. Economic immigrants are defined on Citizenship and Immigration's official website (www.cic.gc.ca) as being "selected for their skills and ability to contribute to the Canadian economy." Subsection 87 of Canada's Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR) describes the provincial nominee class as "a class of persons who may become permanent residents on the basis of their ability to become economically established in Canada" and who "are named in a nomination certificate issued by the government of a province under a provincial nomination agreement between that province and the Minister; and ... intend to reside in the province that has nominated them." The definition of provincial nominees is further explained on www.cic.gc.ca as "Economic immigrants selected by a province or territory for specific skills that will contribute to the local economy to meet specific labour market needs." In order for applicants to become economically established it is therefore expected that they will be able to obtain employment in Canada. Nominations issued by provinces are considered as initial evidence that nominees have the ability to become economically established in Canada and will be of economic benefit to the province and have met the requirements of the province’s Provincial Nominee Program. Canada is responsible for exercising the final selection authority and ensuring that applicants admitted under the program have met the requirements for membership in the economic class. Notwithstanding your nomination by a province or territory, I am not satisfied that the information provided with your permanent residence application indicates you have the ability to become economically established in Canada or that you otherwise meet the definition of a provincial nominee as per Subsection 87 of the IRPR.

You were nominated in the Family stream of the Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program (SINP). We have received notification that your relative in Saskatchewan, Mr. Brother-In-Law, no longer supports your application to come to Canada. As the relative who initially assisted you to become nominated under the SINP no longer supports you, I am not satisfied that you would intend to reside in Saskatchewan or indeed that your initial nomination under the SINP would still be considered valid.

A copy of this letter is also being sent to the nominating province to advise of the possible refusal of your application and the reasons for it. The province has 90 days to raise concerns or seek clarification from the visa office regarding the assessment of your application, after which the final decision will be made. If you have further information you wish to have considered, you must submit it within the same 90-day time period.

Sincerely,

Officer

Ume Rayan

Mar 13, 2011
Lahore, Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
NOC Code......
MPNP
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb,2012
Doc's Request.
April,2012
Nomination.....
May,2012
AOR Received.
July,2012
File Transfer...
Doc req: Sept,2012
Med's Request
Jan,2013
Med's Done....
Jan,2013
Passport Req..
PPR1:July,2013 PPR2:Aug, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Aug,2013
LANDED..........
Insha'Allah Oct, 2013
KAdnan said:

Dear Mr. ABC,

This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada as a member of the provincial nominee class.

I have reviewed your application and all of the information you have provided in support of it and it appears that you do not meet the requirements for immigration to Canada.

Subsection 11(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) provides that a foreign national must, before entering Canada, apply to an officer for a visa or any other document required by the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations. The visa or document shall be issued if, following an examination, the officer is satisfied that the foreign national is not inadmissible and meets the requirements of the Act.

The provincial nominee class is an economic immigrant category. Economic immigrants are defined on Citizenship and Immigration's official website (www.cic.gc.ca) as being "selected for their skills and ability to contribute to the Canadian economy." Subsection 87 of Canada's Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR) describes the provincial nominee class as "a class of persons who may become permanent residents on the basis of their ability to become economically established in Canada" and who "are named in a nomination certificate issued by the government of a province under a provincial nomination agreement between that province and the Minister; and ... intend to reside in the province that has nominated them." The definition of provincial nominees is further explained on www.cic.gc.ca as "Economic immigrants selected by a province or territory for specific skills that will contribute to the local economy to meet specific labour market needs." In order for applicants to become economically established it is therefore expected that they will be able to obtain employment in Canada. Nominations issued by provinces are considered as initial evidence that nominees have the ability to become economically established in Canada and will be of economic benefit to the province and have met the requirements of the province's Provincial Nominee Program. Canada is responsible for exercising the final selection authority and ensuring that applicants admitted under the program have met the requirements for membership in the economic class. Notwithstanding your nomination by a province or territory, I am not satisfied that the information provided with your permanent residence application indicates you have the ability to become economically established in Canada or that you otherwise meet the definition of a provincial nominee as per Subsection 87 of the IRPR.

You were nominated in the Family stream of the Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program (SINP). We have received notification that your relative in Saskatchewan, Mr. Brother-In-Law, no longer supports your application to come to Canada. As the relative who initially assisted you to become nominated under the SINP no longer supports you, I am not satisfied that you would intend to reside in Saskatchewan or indeed that your initial nomination under the SINP would still be considered valid.

A copy of this letter is also being sent to the nominating province to advise of the possible refusal of your application and the reasons for it. The province has 90 days to raise concerns or seek clarification from the visa office regarding the assessment of your application, after which the final decision will be made. If you have further information you wish to have considered, you must submit it within the same 90-day time period.

Sincerely,

Officer
Hi KAdnan

Its too much bad....Visa Office is informing you about their decision after Medicals.

May I ask that your sponsor i.e your brother in law moved to some other province now or he just refused to sponsor you?

Wish you all the best. May you be able to sort out this confusion of Visa Office.

Regards

adnanraheed

Star Member
Jul 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London, England
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-07-2012
Nomination.....
20-06-2012
AOR Received.
28-08-2012 (From CIO, NS)
IELTS Request
Addition documents request: Sep 26,2012
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
Jan 16,2013
Med's Done....
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
KAdnan said:

Dear Mr. ABC,

The provincial nominee class is an economic immigrant category. Economic immigrants are defined on Citizenship and Immigration's official website (www.cic.gc.ca) as being "selected for their skills and ability to contribute to the Canadian economy." Subsection 87 of Canada's Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR) describes the provincial nominee class as "a class of persons who may become permanent residents on the basis of their ability to become economically established in Canada" and who "are named in a nomination certificate issued by the government of a province under a provincial nomination agreement between that province and the Minister; and ... intend to reside in the province that has nominated them." The definition of provincial nominees is further explained on www.cic.gc.ca as "Economic immigrants selected by a province or territory for specific skills that will contribute to the local economy to meet specific labour market needs." In order for applicants to become economically established it is therefore expected that they will be able to obtain employment in Canada. Nominations issued by provinces are considered as initial evidence that nominees have the ability to become economically established in Canada and will be of economic benefit to the province and have met the requirements of the province's Provincial Nominee Program. Canada is responsible for exercising the final selection authority and ensuring that applicants admitted under the program have met the requirements for membership in the economic class. Notwithstanding your nomination by a province or territory, I am not satisfied that the information provided with your permanent residence application indicates you have the ability to become economically established in Canada or that you otherwise meet the definition of a provincial nominee as per Subsection 87 of the IRPR.

Sincerely,

Officer
It is indeed a sad situation.

Did your sponsor withdraw his support and send a note to CHC London?

Regards

Adnan

KAdnan

Star Member
Feb 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
[b]CHC London [img]http://www.anchoredbygrace.com/smileys/rotateflag.gif[/img]
NOC Code......
[b]S.I.N.P
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 August 2011
Doc's Request.
12 January 2012
Nomination.....
11 March 2011
AOR Received.
19 Sept 2011
IELTS Request
Waived
Med's Request
18 April 2012
Med's Done....
11 May 2012
Passport Req..
[b]PPR1. 31st Jan 2013, DM. 25th Feb 2013, PPR2. 4th March 2013, PPT Received ISB 07th March..
VISA ISSUED...
13 March 2013
LANDED..........
[b]07 May 2013
Salam, Today my Ecas Changed from Application Received to In Process....Is it Good sign???

KAdnan said:

Dear Mr. ABC,

Sincerely,

Officer

sabif

Star Member
Dec 19, 2011
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2010
Doc's Request.
Sept 2012 (request was sent in March 12 by LVO but never reached us!!!)
Nomination.....
July 2011
IELTS Request
sent to MPNP
File Transfer...
Nov-2011; Add Document Req..: Sept 2012; In Process...: Jan 2013
Med's Request
28 January 2013
Med's Done....
30 January 2013...Medical Received line added 21 Feb 2013
Passport Req..
PPR1 5-Aug-2013, PPR2 12-Sep-2013 (Alhamdolillah!!!)
KAdnan said:
Salam, Today my Ecas Changed from Application Received to In Process....Is it Good sign???
Have you sent them an appeal?