+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can you start EE/FSW PR application in UK but complete Canada?

montee

Jan 8, 2015
Dear All

I wonder if you can help let me know if this is possible or if I should wait till I am in Canada on work permit THEN apply for PR.

I am living in the UK awaiting LMIA for job offer already in hand. Once i get the LMIA i will then have the 3 things to proceed - valid job offer, IELTS and ECA. I then have two options:

A) move to canada on work permit and from there start the EE/FSW to get PR (PNP for Ontario takes ages!!)
B) start EE/FSW for PR from UK but move to Canada on work permit WHILE that is in progress. And hopefully complete the PR from canada without having to go back to the UK again.

I guess I want to know if option B will cause any issues or is it just about updating CIC that I know reside in Canada. I am thinking would they want me to remain in UK because the application started from the UK/go through canada visa consulate in london etc. or if it complicates things in anyway that better to start it in Canada ( I am to start work in canada about 3 months after LMIA acquired on work permit)

I am sorry if I have not asked the right questions/given a succinct description but I still new to the whole process. Thanks for any pointers.

t