Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
October 20, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
October 27, 2014
LANDED..........
January 17, 2015
I'm just trying to be a bit proactive and get some info.

I just sent in my application, so it will be a while till I get called for the oath ceremony. I know you can reschedule the test date, but did anyone succefully reschedule the oath ceremony?

I am due with my second baby on January 20th 2019 (plus or minus some days - depending on when the baby decides to arrive) and I thought I would have plenty of time, based on the 12 months processing time. I wasn't expecting to hear anything regarding the oath ceremony before July 2019.

But I've noticed on this forum thay some people (especially from Vancouver office where I am) could finish the process much sooner (200 or so days). In this case, there is a chance I will be called for the oath ceremony around end of January. Which would be so stressful, I really don't want to go into labor during the ceremony hahaha.

So yeah, is it possible to reschedule based on this reason?

Seym

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2017
Yes, it's doable. You'll need to inform IRCC via mail or webform. It may take 2 or 3 months to get you second oath invitation. Same applies to the test.

Also, by January 2019, there's a high chance you pass your test. You'll have the occasion during the interview to tell the IRCC agent to avoid sending you an oath invitation in a specific period.

Reactions: Avadava

Joshua1

Nov 18, 2013
Should you get a test invitation by September, it would be beneficial for you to advise the processing agent during the test/interview that you are expecting to deliver in January... they could be inclined to make a decision and send you the oath invite faster. Some agents do in fact try to accommodate applicants based on genuine needs.

Reactions: Avadava

Avadava

Oct 11, 2013
Vancouver
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vienna
App. Filed.......
December 3, 2013
AOR Received.
Stage 1 AOR + SA January 8, 2014
File Transfer...
January 12, 2014
Med's Request
Further Medical Tests Requested: October 24, 2013
Med's Done....
October 15, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
October 20, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
October 27, 2014
LANDED..........
January 17, 2015
Should you get a test invitation by September, it would be beneficial for you to advise the processing agent during the test/interview that you are expecting to deliver in January... they could be inclined to make a decision and send you the oath invite faster. Some agents do in fact try to accommodate applicants based on genuine needs.
That's good to know, thanks for the info! So the decision on my application depends on the officer I'm interviewing with after the test?