+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can you receive CoPR if currently in Canada?

Irynasa

Jan 10, 2019
Hi,

I'm in the process of sponsoring my dad. He passed his medical exam and provided rest of the required documents (police clearance, et .)

I just received a letter about pre-arrival services. I understand that this does not mean that approval has been granted.

My dad is currently in Canada helping out with my baby. Should we recieved a request for passport while being in Canada, would we have to send it over to Ukraine (country where we applied from) or can he receive a Confirmation of PR while being here?

Thank you.

cal1991

Aug 28, 2018
Hi,

I'm in the process of sponsoring my dad. He passed his medical exam and provided rest of the required documents (police clearance, et .)

I just received a letter about pre-arrival services. I understand that this does not mean that approval has been granted.

My dad is currently in Canada helping out with my baby. Should we recieved a request for passport while being in Canada, would we have to send it over to Ukraine (country where we applied from) or can he receive a Confirmation of PR while being here?

Thank you.
Your dad can just stay in Canada, send the passport from Canada, receive the CoPR in Canada, and get the PR in Canada.

When they ask for his passport, you may want to include a letter explaining why he is in Canada and requesting the passport to be sent back to your address in Canada. That being said, don't forget to update his mailing address in the profile.

Reactions: msb

Irynasa

Jan 10, 2019
Your dad can just stay in Canada, send the passport from Canada, receive the CoPR in Canada, and get the PR in Canada.

When they ask for his passport, you may want to include a letter explaining why he is in Canada and requesting the passport to be sent back to your address in Canada. That being said, don't forget to update his mailing address in the profile.

Thank you for your detailed explanation. So just to confirm, his passport has to be couriered to Canadian embassy in Ukraine? There is no other way to receive CoRP from within Canada?

I'll definitely update his address to the one in Canada. I hope we can get it from within as I'd be worried sending passport to Ukraine and expecting it back as he needs to have it to travel back to Ukraine in April. If by chance it was to get lost we would have a lot of troubles trying to get a new one :)

cal1991

Aug 28, 2018
Thank you for your detailed explanation. So just to confirm, his passport has to be couriered to Canadian embassy in Ukraine? There is no other way to receive CoRP from within Canada?

I'll definitely update his address to the one in Canada. I hope we can get it from within as I'd be worried sending passport to Ukraine and expecting it back as he needs to have it to travel back to Ukraine in April. If by chance it was to get lost we would have a lot of troubles trying to get a new one :)
No, when they request your passport, they will give you 2 addresses: 1.Canadian office address and your local VO address. Since his address will be in Canada, you can just send to the Canadian office one. You should be able to receive the CoPR from within Canada.