+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can you have 2 ECA reports for separate qualifications in the Express Entry app?

basait82

Nov 29, 2016
Hello to everyone on this forum.

So a quick summary of where I am with my application. I have recently finished my express entry profile and submitted it.

I have completed a 3 years Bachelor’s degree and 2 (1yr) diplomas. I went through IQAS to get my educational credentials assessed but they only recognized the Bachelor’s degree. I questioned the reason behind them not recognising the diplomas and they stated that due the criteria they had for that country (Singapore), they did not recognise the diplomas predating 2009 from a private institute. The diplomas I have were completed in 2000 and 2002.

Upon further investigation, I found out from the private institute in Singapore that they have previously dealt with WES on numerous occasions and that they have not had any issue with WES recognising their diplomas even those predating 2009. However, my application was the first instance where they had to deal with IQAS and thus had no previous experience in dealing with them. I also checked WES and see that the name of the institute does come up on the drop down list when completing the application for the WES on their website.

The questions I have are a) if I apply with WES and get my diplomas assessed, would I also need my bachelor’s degree assessed again as well or would the IQAS ECA report be sufficient for that? b) is it ok to have 2 ECA reports for separate qualifications or would this be an issue? c) can I add the details to the Express Entry application now after I have already submitted it?

The reason for this is that it would save me money asking the university to courier the degree transcripts again.

Thanks in advance for your comments.

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
basait82 said:

So a quick summary of where I am with my application. I have recently finished my express entry profile and submitted it.

I have completed a 3 years Bachelor’s degree and 2 (1yr) diplomas. I went through IQAS to get my educational credentials assessed but they only recognized the Bachelor’s degree. I questioned the reason behind them not recognising the diplomas and they stated that due the criteria they had for that country (Singapore), they did not recognise the diplomas predating 2009 from a private institute. The diplomas I have were completed in 2000 and 2002.

Upon further investigation, I found out from the private institute in Singapore that they have previously dealt with WES on numerous occasions and that they have not had any issue with WES recognising their diplomas even those predating 2009. However, my application was the first instance where they had to deal with IQAS and thus had no previous experience in dealing with them. I also checked WES and see that the name of the institute does come up on the drop down list when completing the application for the WES on their website.

The questions I have are a) if I apply with WES and get my diplomas assessed, would I also need my bachelor’s degree assessed again as well or would the IQAS ECA report be sufficient for that? b) is it ok to have 2 ECA reports for separate qualifications or would this be an issue? c) can I add the details to the Express Entry application now after I have already submitted it?

The reason for this is that it would save me money asking the university to courier the degree transcripts again.

You can get them assessed at different places.

Rizwan0900

Sep 27, 2017

Can you update what did you do .. did you apply to ee with seperate ECA reports