+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can you guys help me interpret what the rejection letter is saying?

EugeneR

Jul 22, 2017
I just got rejected for my Visitor Visa, and the reasons stated on the rejection letter is hard to understand. I already sent inquiry email to Canada office, but they sent back the same confusing letter. They just say if you meet the requirements just reapply again, we're going to charge you again.

I read the IRPR (179(b)) and still don't quite understand the actual reasons for my rejection. In the letter, it stresses that "I will leave Canada at the end of my stay as a temporary resident", which is also kind of confusing to me.

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your travel history.

Is it because I traveled to Russia? But I was there totally for travel reason though.

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.

Is it because the document I submitted is incomprehensible? And what other documents would be adequate enough to support the temporary visit? I know there are flight tickets, hotel booking papers, but I'm not sure if I can book one if I were rejected again.

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.

I need financial support right now, are they not enough? Or should I present my own financial status?

I know that it might be impossible to interpret unless we know what the officer was thinking, I sent them a letter, got nothing back.

If you guys can interpret this....

Thank you

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
It's really difficult to comment without knowing your full profile and what information / evidence you submitted with your application.

The travel history refusal reason is likely because you have never visited a country before that requires a visa (e.g. US, UK).

Yes - you should have shown your own finances to support your trip. How long a trip did you request and how much money did you show to support your trip?

Where are you from? Where are you living now? What proof of ties to your home country did you demonstrate?

EugeneR

Jul 22, 2017
It's really difficult to comment without knowing your full profile and what information / evidence you submitted with your application.

The travel history refusal reason is likely because you have never visited a country before that requires a visa (e.g. US, UK).

Yes - you should have shown your own finances to support your trip. How long a trip did you request and how much money did you show to support your trip?

Where are you from? Where are you living now? What proof of ties to your home country did you demonstrate?
True, I have no idea what the officer was thinking, only speculations.

I've been to UK and Russia in the past 5 years. 2013 UK and 2016 Russia, but only for travel reasons. And I did not stay very long in the countries.

I request a 2 month, if plausible I want to extend to 3 months, period staying in Canada to explore a little bit more. I guess the money I showed them was too little to support? I showed them I got the financial support from my relative for around 10000 CAD. I think it's enough to cover my 2 month expenses. I have my own finances, but I don't have a huge bank account. It's definitely not gonna support my trip. If it's necessary, I'd submit my bank account status when apply again.

I'm from China, living in China. I sent them a paper that says my take-off date and departure date of flight tickets. But it was a paper with a series of codes, I did not understand it. But my flight company says the IRCC would accept it. And the date was strictly within the period I requested. So I don't really know. Maybe I'd get another ticket? Or a hotel booking paper?

I got the speculation that they think I've only been to two countries and did not stay long there, so it's kind of not likely to stay very long in Canada. Also they may not be satisfied with the money I got for the Canada trip. But, ultimately, we need to know what exactly was the IRCC thinking about. They did not tell me anything in the response letters, besides bureaucratic gibberish. o_O

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You've misunderstood my opening comment. You didn't provide sufficient information in your first post for us to answer your question. We can tell you what the officer was most likely thinking if you provide your complete profile and explain what you submitted with your application.

Two months is definitely too long a visit and demonstrates you effectively have no ties to your home country. If you decide to reapply, you should request a 2-3 week trip at most.

Showing funds from your relatives to cover your trip very much weakens your application. CIC wants to see that you yourself have sufficient funds to pay for the trip. Did you show any funds that were your own?

You still haven't explained what evidence you included in your application to demonstrate ties to your home country. Proof of employment? Proof of property ownership? Proof of any other assets held?

Betukumesu

Apr 12, 2018
Hi there.could you please assist me . My application of visit visa was been refused. The reasons for the rejection is on79/2. I want to reapply but I don't know which documents must I add

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Provide the written refusal reasons and also your complete profile (reason for visit, length of visit, funds, ties to home country, any ties to Canada, employment, country of origin, previous travel, etc.).