+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can you get your medical exam within Canada?

kbaqua

Jan 16, 2012
Hi everyone,

I am a Brit coming to Canada under the IEC programme. I know I need a medical as I want to work with children. The issue is I don't have a whole lot of time to wait for my medical results in the UK, is it possible to acquire the work permit without a medical, come to Canada and then get a medical done from within Canada to 'upgrade' the permit?

naziae

Jun 19, 2012
call your local embassy and find out if they require it.. if they do i suggest you get it done in the UK before you come here as your employers will ask for a letter from a doctor saying you are mentally and physically able to work with children so it is better for to get the letter from a doctor who knows you...

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
medicals should be performed by DMPs, not the family doctor or whatever you may call him or her unless the family doctor is also a DMP.

naziae said:
call your local embassy and find out if they require it.. if they do i suggest you get it done in the UK before you come here as your employers will ask for a letter from a doctor saying you are mentally and physically able to work with children so it is better for to get the letter from a doctor who knows you...

naziae

Jun 19, 2012
yes they need to go see a DMP for the medical for immigration but they will also need a note from their family doctor saying they are mentally and physically fit to work with children... i know this because I had to go through the same thing before starting my work with children...