+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can you get an ITA if in Canada with no Canadian work experience?

mehimzil

Nov 1, 2017
Hi, I am in Canada currently and just graduated from college and received my Post Graduation Work Permit. I was trying to complete and EE profile based on what I have so far, and it says that I am Eligible. I don't have Canadian work experience. This link, however, says that the system won't find you legible if you don't have experience http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=675&top=29....I so far have around 450 points with no Canadian work experience.
The question is if I create a profile and receive an ITA, can I proceed further with the application? If I get it will it be under CEC or not?

mehimzil

Nov 1, 2017
I personally think that link is wrong. Yes, CIC is wrong in some cases, no worries...

I tried a model situation here http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp and I entered no work experience in Canada and it gave me 440 points so I see no reason why a person with no work experience in Canada could not successfully apply.
Thanks for your reply! So if just modeling the situation - under what program will I receive an ITA?

mehimzil

Nov 1, 2017
What I understand is that you need at least 1 year of work experience in Canada or out of Canada. Express entry look for following categories:

You have to fulfil one of the above criteria to get an ITA.
Thanks! So I have 2 years of experience but out of Canada. But currently I live in Canada. So it appears I can qualify under Federal Skilled Worker Program?

m_ikh

Jan 5, 2017
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
01-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
02-11-2017
LANDED..........
17-11-2017
Thanks! So I have 2 years of experience but out of Canada. But currently I live in Canada. So it appears I can qualify under Federal Skilled Worker Program?
Yes if you have more than 1 year of international experience (work experience which is not during any degree program), you can qualify for federal skilled worker program.

mehimzil

Nov 1, 2017
It's just that I've recently been to the EE session in Toronto and there was an IRCC representative who said that if a person is in Canada, the system will still issue an invitation under CEC program, no matter what. If outside Canada, then it's a different story....So I am confused whether this information was true..

Binabik

Star Member
Aug 15, 2017
Canada
The CRS tool does not extensively check for eligibility, you need to meet the minimum requirements of at least one EE stream (typically at least 1 year of work exprience, either in Canada or outland). You do not have any work exprience at all?

This said, with your PGWP, you have time to focus on gaining some work exprience ;)

Reactions: mehimzil

m_ikh

Jan 5, 2017
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
01-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
02-11-2017
LANDED..........
17-11-2017
It's just that I've recently been to the EE session in Toronto and there was an IRCC representative who said that if a person is in Canada, the system will still issue an invitation under CEC program, no matter what. If outside Canada, then it's a different story....So I am confused whether this information was true..
System will issue the ITA under the program you qualify for. One of my friend applied couple of months ago and he is in Canada from last 5 years. He was given ITA under federal skilled worker as he was studying in Canada and have international work experience of more than 3 years.

craig123

Jul 7, 2017
You need one year or more experience to apply for FSW. Does not matter if your experience is in Canada or any where in the world as long as you can provide proof of it.
And also the one year of experience has to be in the last ten years.

mehimzil

Nov 1, 2017
I have two years of experience but in two different jobs. Like I switched my job after one year. They both fall under NOC A though....So does it still count as two years?

mehimzil

Nov 1, 2017
You need one year or more experience to apply for FSW. Does not matter if your experience is in Canada or any where in the world as long as you can provide proof of it.
And also the one year of experience has to be in the last ten years.
Can this experience be in two different jobs?

craig123

Jul 7, 2017
I have two years of experience but in two different jobs. Like I switched my job after one year. They both fall under NOC A though....So does it still count as two years?
If both of your jobs were in different field, by that I mean that they carry different NOC Code (this is the 4 digit code and not A,B or C) then it does not count as two years.
For your two jobs the one that you plan on working as going forward after coming to Canada is the one you should apply for. For example if you worked as an accountant for year1 and engineer for year2 (this is just a hypothetical situation). But you see your seld working as an accountant in Canada and also have the right education then you claim points for 1 year of accounting experience.

Note you will have to declare about your job as engineering (do not hide anything thinking it is irrelevant). Only you would not request points during ITA for the engineering job.

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
I personally think that link is wrong. Yes, CIC is wrong in some cases, no worries...

I tried a model situation here
Hi, I am in Canada currently and just graduated from college and received my Post Graduation Work Permit. I was trying to complete and EE profile based on what I have so far, and it says that I am Eligible. I don't have Canadian work experience. This link, however, says that the system won't find you legible if you don't have experience http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=675&top=29....I so far have around 450 points with no Canadian work experience.
The question is if I create a profile and receive an ITA, can I proceed further with the application? If I get it will it be under CEC or not?
and I entered no work experience in Canada and it gave me 440 points so I see no reason why a person with no work experience in Canada could not successfully apply.
It's not wrong. You need a year of continuous experience regardless of where. the link didn't specify WHERE that work experience is.

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
If both of your jobs were in different field, by that I mean that they carry different NOC Code (this is the 4 digit code and not A,B or C) then it does not count as two years.
For your two jobs the one that you plan on working as going forward after coming to Canada is the one you should apply for. For example if you worked as an accountant for year1 and engineer for year2 (this is just a hypothetical situation). But you see your seld working as an accountant in Canada and also have the right education then you claim points for 1 year of accounting experience.

Note you will have to declare about your job as engineering (do not hide anything thinking it is irrelevant). Only you would not request points during ITA for the engineering job.
irrelevant, NOC onf the application has nothing to do with what you'll be doing in canada