+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can you explain rejection reasons?

tender_heart

Star Member
Jul 19, 2012
Dear All,

Why the TVR of my mother was rejected!?!

My mother applied for a TRV to visit me and my family in Canada. She is now in Palestine/Gaza. Part of the application, we have included and mentioned:

- She is 58 years old
- She is married (my step father).
- Invitation Letter explaining her visit purpose (Notarized), duration (5 weeks). And, I will fund her trip and visit fully, showed them my Canadian bank account with a balance of 80,000 CAD.
- Attached my house rent contract (3 BR home).
- We have mentioned that her trip is planned during summer due to severe weather condition in winter. And the purpose is to meet our new baby boy which was born last year and she didn't meet him yet.
- Attached a booked 2 way (return tickets) itinerary
- Attached a proof of Travel insurance to cover her during the visit.
- Travel History: Attached more than 20 pages of her passport, showing visas and stamps to following countries: UAE, Egypt, Jordan (multiple visits and trips)

could someone explain to me:

1) What more is required? how the officer is not convinced in the purpose of trip and family ties to return to her country?
2) In the attached screen shot, there is a tick on (I am not satisfied that you have answered truthfully all questions put to you.). What does it mean?
3) I am not satisfied that you have sufficient funds?! ---> why while I have showed them my bank statement?

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/99623372/rejection_letter.png

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
tender_heart said:
Dear All,

Why the TVR of my mother was rejected!?!

My mother applied for a TRV to visit me and my family in Canada. She is now in Palestine/Gaza. Part of the application, we have included and mentioned:

- She is 58 years old
- She is married (my step father).
- Invitation Letter explaining her visit purpose (Notarized), duration (5 weeks). And, I will fund her trip and visit fully, showed them my Canadian bank account with a balance of 80,000 CAD.
- Attached my house rent contract (3 BR home).
- We have mentioned that her trip is planned during summer due to severe weather condition in winter. And the purpose is to meet our new baby boy which was born last year and she didn't meet him yet.
- Attached a booked 2 way (return tickets) itinerary
- Attached a proof of Travel insurance to cover her during the visit.
- Travel History: Attached more than 20 pages of her passport, showing visas and stamps to following countries: UAE, Egypt, Jordan (multiple visits and trips)

could someone explain to me:

1) What more is required? how the officer is not convinced in the purpose of trip and family ties to return to her country?
2) In the attached screen shot, there is a tick on (I am not satisfied that you have answered truthfully all questions put to you.). What does it mean?
3) I am not satisfied that you have sufficient funds?! ---> why while I have showed them my bank statement?

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/99623372/rejection_letter.png
Well it seems that you have a very strong application but for yourself.... not for your mother. You have sent a lot of proof on how you have money but I don't see you mention that she has money, in fact I see that that could be a cause of refusal you are showing she has all the reasons to stay after her visit instead of going home.

What did she send as proof of economic resources?

What proof of ties has she sent?

It would also seem suspicious she has visited that many countries and still needs you to pay for everything. Did she explained that in her application?

tender_heart

Star Member
Jul 19, 2012
Hi Jalex,

Agree, I haven't attached her financial proofs. But, the purpose is that I am sponsoring her visit, that is why I didn't include that. She owns apartment back in home town, would that be enough?

Secondly, in the application we have mentioned that she is married (Step father), however, I didn't attach a proof of mirage, is that the reason/ or required?

Thirdly, Most of her visits were either financed by her husband or myself.

Would you or someone suggest how to improve her application?

My last question, what about the tick on the box: (I am not satisfied that you have answered truthfully all questions put to you.)

Shaziamalick

Jun 21, 2014
tender_heart said:
Hi Jalex,

Agree, I haven't attached her financial proofs. But, the purpose is that I am sponsoring her visit, that is why I didn't include that. She owns apartment back in home town, would that be enough?

Secondly, in the application we have mentioned that she is married (Step father), however, I didn't attach a proof of mirage, is that the reason/ or required?

Thirdly, Most of her visits were either financed by her husband or myself.

Would you or someone suggest how to improve her application?

My last question, what about the tick on the box: (I am not satisfied that you have answered truthfully all questions put to you.)
Yes you need to show the proof of her assets such as property and bank statements, you also missed that marriage certificate you should include this.

Now your last question I think there is something which you were unable to describe them properly or there is any information which is conflicting with your answers which you give them and they are unable to verified those answers.

ortom

Feb 19, 2013
CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Vegreville /CPC - Missisauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-07-2013
File Transfer...
03-03-2014 to CPC-M
Med's Done....
06-06-2013
Marriage certificate for your mother is a must.
Also just because you say you are her son, they don't care. They need proof of that. Family certificate or whatever proof your country issues for family ties.
Did you include a letter of employment for yourself? This is a must
Does your mother work or receive pension? proof in either case is needed. If her husband supports her, a letter from him and some financial documents from him.
You said she is visiting to meet your son, include his birth certificate, so that they know this is true.
Proof of ownership for your mothers apartment (a reason for her to go back)
If she has any money in her bank account that is a reason to go back as well (please note that sudden large deposits are a red flag)
A detailed letter of invitation is a good thing. A notarized letter is not required (for most countries at least). Keep in mind that CIC doesn't want to use common sense and start linking things together. You need to display a clear picture of why you are inviting your mother, what she does for a living etc. You can attach a letter of explanation for this. Also when you reapply make sure to mention that her TRV was declined previously because of the reasons that you stated and what was done to prove that those should not be of any concern.

As Jalex said you have done an application for yourself not your mother. Don't take this the wrong way, but you are inviting your mother, not sponsoring her, so 80k or 10k bank account is of no concern to CIC. Also choose the wording carefully when you are writing your letter of invitation, if you said " I would like to sponsor my mother to come to canada so she can meet my son", CIC will think that you are actually requesting to permanently sponsor your mother. As of right now you are inviting her, which is a temporary thing. I am only assuming that your wording had something in btwn those lines since you mentioned "sponsor" before.
Just as in any field, wording is very important. So take the time to write it carefully and even ask for help if in doubt.

The round trip flight is not needed, and don't buy it again when she applies.

Hope it works for the better when u reapply for her

noorulhuda

Dec 16, 2015
Manitoba, Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Passport Req..
08-Jan-2018
VISA ISSUED...
19-Jan-2018
LANDED..........
21-Feb-2018
Hi Everybody,

Hope all of you are fine.

I have completed 10-Years Secondary + 2-Years Higher Education. Then after I have done 3-Years Diploma (not Degree) in Software Engineering.

As, on the Expression of Interest page, I am lying in one of the two options in Factor 4: Education:

• One post-secondary program of three years or more
  • One post-secondary program of two years

While submitting an Expression of Interest (EOI), the following two options are given:

*What is your highest level of education?

• Two year post-secondary certificate
  • Three or more year post-secondary degree

Comparing the above two matches, which option should I select in submitting the Expression of Interest (EOI). Please help in detail.

Regards,

Huda