+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can you do an inland landing in a different province to where you live?

Banff2015

Jul 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Is this possible or would it look suspicious ? I plan on visiting another province in a couple of weeks and see they have a cic centre would this be possible to activate my pr there ? Or does it have to be at you local cic center?

Andy.cic

Oct 26, 2015
ALBERTA
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
NOV 1, 2015
Doc's Request.
NOV 24, 2015 IMM5669 A requested
AOR Received.
NOV 1, 2015
Passport Req..
FEB 01, 2016
LANDED..........
FEB 25, 2016
Banff2015 said:
Is this possible or would it look suspicious ? I plan on visiting another province in a couple of weeks and see they have a cic centre would this be possible to activate my pr there ? Or does it have to be at you local cic center?
I think it shouldn't be a problem. I see you applied under cec.

I would call cic to confirm this though.

Andy

mf4361

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Nov 2015
Nomination.....
12 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
28 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017
Assuming this is PNP immigration class

There had been reports where people landed in different province and showed evidence that he's staying in Canada but outside of that province and got refused entry by CBSA. So it does create suspicion. But just landing in a different province will not be refused automatically. Just show prove of residence in that province. (like a pay slip or rental contract etc)

If it's federal programs, no problem at all. Canada Charter of Rights gives Canadians freedom of movement within Canada.

Intezaar

May 26, 2015
I think his category says CEC. If you not PNP land anywhere no issues. If you PNP it is better to land in your province to avoid being questioned.

mf4361 said:
Assuming this is PNP immigration class

There had been reports where people landed in different province and showed evidence that he's staying in Canada but outside of that province and got refused entry by CBSA. So it does create suspicion. But just landing in a different province will not be refused automatically. Just show prove of residence in that province. (like a pay slip or rental contract etc)

If it's federal programs, no problem at all. Canada Charter of Rights gives Canadians freedom of movement within Canada.

Banff2015

Jul 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am cec inland Lmia..

Reason I ask is I due to visit a different province in coming weeks for a fishing holiday I noticed it has a cic office and would be one of the quiter ones compared to my local Edmonton/Calgary.
I don't drive and pretty sure a bus does not go to the border and back so my only other option if I can't do that would to be fly somewhere international and come back.
Thank:)

Intezaar

May 26, 2015
Banff2015 said:
I am cec inland Lmia..

Reason I ask is I due to visit a different province in coming weeks for a fishing holiday I noticed it has a cic office and would be one of the quiter ones compared to my local Edmonton/Calgary.
I don't drive and pretty sure a bus does not go to the border and back so my only other option if I can't do that would to be fly somewhere international and come back.
Thank:)
No issues. You can certainly do it. People have done it, if u search the forum u will find examples. I have read. Give the officer the reason and they will accommodate. Absolutely no issues for fsw/cec, 100% sure. Good luck :)

Lady M

Sep 27, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Banff2015 said:
I ask this question when i call this morning....they said you can do the landing at any border in Canada but if you want to do the landing at CIC office then is mandatory to be near your residence address....you can not pick the office.... to bad because in OTAWA no need app..and i was willing to fly there for landing but this is not possible...

Banff2015

Jul 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Damn that's the answer I did not want to hear..
Looks like I will either taxi to couats from Lethbridge or fly to us and back thanks all:)

Lady M

Sep 27, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Banff2015 said:
Damn that's the answer I did not want to hear..
Looks like I will either taxi to couats from Lethbridge or fly to us and back thanks all:)
Or wait 6 weeks and do the landing at CIC office....lol ::) ::) ::) ::)