+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can you check application status for a refugee claimant?

Chemii

Jan 23, 2022
Hello guys, I received my Acknowledge letter in June 2021, but still waiting for an Eligibility interview since then. My lawyer does not seem to be helpful in this situation. I tried to check my status using the application number in "Client Application Status", but it didn't provide any information. My question is, can you check your refugee claimant's status on the website? if so, When? because mine is going to be a year soon since I applied for refugee status and I still can't track anything. And also, as I applied through a lawyer, will I have any news from my lawyer or they will send me an email when I have an interview. Lastly, Can I call customer service to know what's going on with my application?
Thank you

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello guys, I received my Acknowledge letter in June 2021, but still waiting for an Eligibility interview since then. My lawyer does not seem to be helpful in this situation. I tried to check my status using the application number in "Client Application Status", but it didn't provide any information. My question is, can you check your refugee claimant's status on the website? if so, When? because mine is going to be a year soon since I applied for refugee status and I still can't track anything. And also, as I applied through a lawyer, will I have any news from my lawyer or they will send me an email when I have an interview. Lastly, Can I call customer service to know what's going on with my application?
Thank you
Where are you located? You should have had an eligibility interview by now and most likely applied for/received a WP.

SElbash

Star Member
Jan 11, 2022
I waited for 15 months before I had my eligibility interview.. still waiting for hearing to be scheduled.

jinglebell0123

Jun 4, 2021
Burnaby, Canada
Category........
Other
Thank you
I don't think there is any way you could check it, I'm in the same boat as you are. still waiting on my eligibility interview. IRCC contacted my lawyer for a biometrics but my lawyer was on leave and didn't respond to IRCC so I missed that one and still waiting for a reschedule. the only way is to access your online application on e-Post where your lawyer created an account for you, ask for your username and password. that is the only way IRCC uses for communication in this stage.

sohaib1

Champion Member
Jan 28, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2015
Doc's Request.
13-10-2015 (Urdu Nikah Nama)
AOR Received.
02-04-2015
File Transfer...
20-04-2015
Med's Done....
PreDone 20-01-2015
Passport Req..
11-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-12-2015
LANDED..........
10-12-2015
Thank you
no you cannot check status of claim right now but that might change in the future

Chemii

Jan 23, 2022
I waited for 15 months before I had my eligibility interview.. still waiting for hearing to be scheduled.
I finally did my eligibility interview today but surprisingly the officer said I will be asked to come again in 3-to 4 weeks. I don't understand why he said that. they collected my passport and photo and gave me some documents. I thought today's appointment was to see if I am eligible or not, any thoughts?

Chemii

Jan 23, 2022
I don't think there is any way you could check it, I'm in the same boat as you are. still waiting on my eligibility interview. IRCC contacted my lawyer for a biometrics but my lawyer was on leave and didn't respond to IRCC so I missed that one and still waiting for a reschedule. the only way is to access your online application on e-Post where your lawyer created an account for you, ask for your username and password. that is the only way IRCC uses for communication in this stage.
yes, they communicate through e post.

fodiley

Mar 11, 2022
I finally did my eligibility interview today but surprisingly the officer said I will be asked to come again in 3-to 4 weeks. I don't understand why he said that. they collected my passport and photo and gave me some documents. I thought today's appointment was to see if I am eligible or not, any thoughts?
Where did you have your interview and where did you come into Canada from?

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Its not normal to be asked to come back after the eligibility interview, hope there were no contradiction in yours answers, BOC is not plagiarized and there is no interesting information about you....such as any record of past asylum claim in other countries etc

Reactions: scylla

nirjhoroliver

Star Member
Feb 3, 2022
Because I guess it was not “ eligibility interview “ but just biometric & passport seized. Next you will ask to come for the interview, you will get another notice in that case.
correct me if I’m wrong.

Reactions: shafel and sohaib1