+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can you buy house based on COPR (awaiting PR card)?

gurpreet.ts

May 6, 2017
Toronto
Hi
shayusuf247
I'm in the same boat as your, got my COPR but still waiting for my PR card and I'm looking to get a condo property, will we be subjected to the NRST 15%? Did you find out if we can buy with COPR?
Thanks!
If you have your COPR then you don't need to pay any Non residential taxes. Many friends in my knowledge have already done this.

Nav9999

Aug 1, 2016
Hi @chiujiewei95 and @shayusuf247
I'm in the same boat as your, got my COPR but still waiting for my PR card and I'm looking to get a property, will we be subjected to the NRST 15%? Did you find out if we can buy with COPR?
Thanks in Advance

gisselletdean

Mar 6, 2023
From what I've gathered, the slight interest rate difference for newcomers doesn't seem like a deal-breaker, especially if you're prepared to put down a solid 20% upfront. Plus, with interest rates currently favoring buyers, it seems like a golden opportunity to dive into the housing market, especially in areas like Montreal and the South Shore. Speaking from my own experience, navigating the housing market can be daunting, but having options like CHMC mortgage insurance for those with less than 20% down payment can really ease the process. And hey, if you're looking for some guidance in the South Norwood area, I stumbled upon Livin Estate Agents https://livinestateagents.co.uk/area-guide/estate-agent-in-south-norwood . They seem to have a good grasp on the local scene.

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
From what I've gathered, the slight interest rate difference for newcomers doesn't seem like a deal-breaker, especially if you're prepared to put down a solid 20% upfront. Plus, with interest rates currently favoring buyers, it seems like a golden opportunity to dive into the housing market, especially in areas like Montreal and the South Shore. Speaking from my own experience, navigating the housing market can be daunting, but having options like CHMC mortgage insurance for those with less than 20% down payment can really ease the process. And hey, if you're looking for some guidance in the South Norwood area, I stumbled upon Livin Estate Agents https://livinestateagents.co.uk/area-guide/estate-agent-in-south-norwood . They seem to have a good grasp on the local scene.
That link is for the UK you nit wit

Reactions: foodie69

gauravs

Star Member
Jan 21, 2010
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
11-05-2018
I am not sure if this is still an active thread, but many lenders have New to Canada programs via which newcomers (PR holders) can get the mortgage.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am not sure if this is still an active thread, but many lenders have New to Canada programs via which newcomers (PR holders) can get the mortgage.
If newcomers can get mortgage because they new to Canada, then why not existing members of public (who has some sort of credit history such as payment to Credit card companies)? Then what's use for the feds renters bills of right?

gauravs

Star Member
Jan 21, 2010
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
11-05-2018
If newcomers can get mortgage because they new to Canada, then why not existing members of public (who has some sort of credit history such as payment to Credit card companies)? Then what's use for the feds renters bills of right?
If a person qualifies based on their income and debt, they can get the mortgage.