+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can you bring flowers encased in resin across the border?

nehir

Oct 16, 2023
wondering if anyone had experience bringing flowers encased in resin into Canada.

I will be flying from the UK to Canada and I have some handmade gifts which include epoxy resin bookmarks. Inside, I put some local UK flowers which I first dried out. They are totally encased and not exposed to air.

Does this count as bringing in plant material and should I declare? All the discussions online center around dried flowers crossing the US/Canada border but not resin flowers. Would they take the gifts away?

Thanks

Kaibigan

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2020
wondering if anyone had experience bringing flowers encased in resin into Canada.

I will be flying from the UK to Canada and I have some handmade gifts which include epoxy resin bookmarks. Inside, I put some local UK flowers which I first dried out. They are totally encased and not exposed to air.

Does this count as bringing in plant material and should I declare? All the discussions online center around dried flowers crossing the US/Canada border but not resin flowers. Would they take the gifts away?

Thanks
Not sure anyone here can answer that. I would not expect a problem, but that's just a guess. I would declare, since, if you don't and they findi them and they are prohibited, at the least they will probably warn you and put a flag on your file, for closer scrutiny on subsequent entries to Canada.

nehir

Oct 16, 2023

I will be flying from the UK to Canada and I have some handmade gifts which include epoxy resin bookmarks. Inside, I put some local UK flowers which I first dried out. They are totally encased vshare and not exposed to air.

Thanks
I got this,...

Lucky808

Dec 21, 2023

Thanks
Wondering if you have an update on this? I can't find any info if this is allowed. I recently got married this year, and want to bring my preserved bridal bouquet to canada.