+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can you attend the oath without the letter?

crazylove

Star Member
Jun 20, 2010
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-12-2013
AOR Received.
07-03-2014
LANDED..........
16-12-2010
I believe you can but you have to inform CIC before attending about the situation, why you don't have the letter.

janoo

May 16, 2014
when is your oath date, if still have time than wait for the post, if not than

call cic and inform them that you have received two letter out of five and they

will guide you accordingly , I believe you have to go little bit earlier and

they will re print from the system....

Woodex

Sep 19, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Oct13 said:
Is the one allowed to attend the oath without having the invitation letter with them?
yes, if you received a call from CIC

pecON

Aug 22, 2014
Prince Erdward County, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
When we received our letter inviting us to take the oath they also sent a form that you had to sign and take to the ceremony with you. This form contains the oath which you actually sign and date. The saying of the oath I assume is a formality as the form you sign is a legal document.

I would certainly speak to the call centre and ask if they can email you copies if you don't have them a few days before your oath ceremony.

Good luck

cic8888

Star Member
Jul 31, 2014
PecON,
Do we need to sign the document at the time of oath or you need to sign and take it with you. Thanks

pecON

Aug 22, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
We are taking ours with us and will sign it in front of the officer who sees us when we attend. It does not make it clear as to whether you sign it before, so we are taking no chances. That way they actually witness you signing it. Hope that helps.

pecON

Aug 22, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Our local office is Ottawa and timeline, from e-CAS is as follows.

Hope this helps.

1.We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on February xx, 2013.

2.We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on February xx, 2013. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

3.We started processing your application on April xx, 2013.

4.We sent you a letter on November xx, 2013. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the letter before sending us additional information, as the letter will outline all information that is required. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us. (This was asking what name I wanted on my Citizenship Certificate)

5.We sent you a notice on May xx, 2014 to attend an identification appointment to have your documents and identity verified on May xx, 2014 at 10:15 AM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us. (We were unable to attend for various reasons)

6.We sent you a notice on July 16, 2014 to appear and write the citizenship test on July 29, 2014 at 10:15 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

7.We sent you a notice on August 20, 2014 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on September 17, 2014 at 9:00 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.