+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can you answer my questions please

Dreamer1212

Feb 5, 2019
Hi every one.

Q1 -The current processing time for PR for Protected persons and convention refugees is 22 months. for me is it the estimate time is gonna be the current time or the one when I applied.
  • We received your application for permanent residence on January 2018.
  • We started processing your application on July 2018
Q2 -is the processing time start from the received date or the date started processing.

Q3- In my case, my application in which processing stage? as I know there is two stages. (I sent the RCAM finger print and the FBI record for me and my wife I did not been asked for Medical exam)

Review of eligibility : We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results : You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents : We have received the additional documents you provided.
Interview : You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics : We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check : We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision : Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Thanks a lot

live&love

Apr 25, 2018
Q1: the current processing times
Q2: it starts from the day your application was received.
Q3: there is no more two stages, that way changed in 2018, and now there is a one period that’s is 22 months currently.

Reactions: Dreamer1212

Dreamer1212

Feb 5, 2019
2 years roughly from the date application is received. The reason it takes such a long time is due to the complex nature of claims and vetting process. IRCC relies heavily on agencies like CSIS, CBSA, and other federal/international agencies which have their own processes and processing times. Also, I strongly don't believe there is plenty of resource available within IRCC to deal with refugee matters as it probably requires higher level of expertise compared to the normal cases which are dealt at CPCs by pretty much clerical level staff.
Thank you