+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can work permit/PGWP holder invite a spouse for a visit visa?

WandaWits

Mar 5, 2021
Hi, I am a PGWP holder. My husband will reapply for a visit visa as his current one is expiring soon. Do you think I can submit an invitation letter to visit his family as a requirement, or better to submit an Itinerary for his visit as a tourist? He is planning to visit because our son will be graduating from high school in June. Has anyone have done this so far?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi, I am a PGWP holder. My husband will reapply for a visit visa as his current one is expiring soon. Do you think I can submit an invitation letter to visit his family as a requirement, or better to submit an Itinerary for his visit as a tourist? He is planning to visit because our son will be graduating from high school in June. Has anyone have done this so far?
Your spouse can apply for a TRV with reason to visit family. You can provide an invitation letter that he is coming for son's high school graduation.

WandaWits

Mar 5, 2021
Thanks for your reply. My concern is I don't have a stable full-time job right now, and that might affect the application. My husband can submit his employment certificate though. I read that PR and citizens can send an invitation with their employment certificate showing that they can support the applicant, so I don't know if it would be the same thing in my case.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thanks for your reply. My concern is I don't have a stable full-time job right now, and that might affect the application. My husband can submit his employment certificate though. I read that PR and citizens can send an invitation with their employment certificate showing that they can support the applicant, so I don't know if it would be the same thing in my case.
Given he has a Canadian TRV and can show his own ties, his profile is stronger than most. You can provide an invitation as a temporary worker.

Reactions: WandaWits