+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can work permit holder who is living in Quebec sponsor conjugal partner ?

Anujin batorgil

Jul 11, 2019
My boyfriend is living in Quebec and french citizen and he has not yet applied for permanent residence. I am wondering if he can sponsor me?
We have been in relationship for 1 year 6 months now and lived together for 5 months and been apart for 1 year now. He has decent job and enough salary to sponsor me

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
My boyfriend is living in Quebec and french citizen and he has not yet applied for permanent residence. I am wondering if he can sponsor me?
We have been in relationship for 1 year 6 months now and lived together for 5 months and been apart for 1 year now. He has decent job and enough salary to sponsor me
He doesn’t qualify to include you in his PR application. You either need to be married or live together for a continuous year.

Anujin batorgil

Jul 11, 2019
If you get married before he gets PR you need to be included in his PR application. If you get married after he receives PR he can sponsor you.
Sorry, but could you please elaborate including me in his PR application?
What does it mean? I would get PR with him too?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Sorry, but could you please elaborate including me in his PR application?
What does it mean? I would get PR with him too?
Spouses must be included in PR applications. You can be listed as accompanying or non accompanying. You will need to complete your medical, fill Ou the application and sign it and pass the background checks. Yes you would get PR at the same time if you were included as accompanying in the PR application. If listed as non-accompanying you would need to be sponsored.

Anujin batorgil

Jul 11, 2019
Spouses must be included in PR applications. You can be listed as accompanying or non accompanying. You will need to complete your medical, fill Ou the application and sign it and pass the background checks. Yes you would get PR at the same time if you were included as accompanying in the PR application. If listed as non-accompanying you would need to be sponsored.
Thank you so much! Trully appreciate your help! Thank you again
I'll look for further information on this :)
Have a nice day/evening