+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can webform response from IRCC indicating eligibility met be used to apply OHIP?

SecularFirst

Nov 21, 2015
Hello,
We have received the web form reply regarding the status of the my spouse's EE application. My spouse had applied for EE under FSW. The response indicates Background verifications are currently valid,
can confirmation that "The responsible office has determined that you and your family members if applicable meet the eligibility requirements under the class for which you have applied. You can expect to be contacted if additional information is necessary"

OHIP application mentions if someone has applied for PR with IRCC and IRCC confirms that you have met the eligibility for PR, you can apply for OHIP. Does anyone have any idea if this can be done. Has anyone gone through this?

Thanks.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello,
We have received the web form reply regarding the status of the my spouse's EE application. My spouse had applied for EE under FSW. The response indicates Background verifications are currently valid,
can confirmation that "The responsible office has determined that you and your family members if applicable meet the eligibility requirements under the class for which you have applied. You can expect to be contacted if additional information is necessary"

OHIP application mentions if someone has applied for PR with IRCC and IRCC confirms that you have met the eligibility for PR, you can apply for OHIP. Does anyone have any idea if this can be done. Has anyone gone through this?

Thanks.
No that is not enough. You need a letter proving that you have AIP.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I’m sponsoring my child where there is not AIP status. How can I apply OHIP for my child before he gets approved?
Unfortunately there's no way to apply until your child has PR.

Dhan09

Aug 3, 2016
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
07-03-2020
AOR Received.
07-03-2020
Unfortunately there's no way to apply until your child has PR.
Hello Scylla, sorry to hijack this thread. But I've a similar status like OP. Waiting for PR. Btw I got something else to ask. If me and my wife are gonna go to apply for OHIP, do we have to produce separate address proofs for each?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello Scylla, sorry to hijack this thread. But I've a similar status like OP. Waiting for PR. Btw I got something else to ask. If me and my wife are gonna go to apply for OHIP, do we have to produce separate address proofs for each?
Yes both you and your wife need proof.

Reactions: Dhan09