+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can we submit IELTS exam result later?

zabaloch

Star Member
Mar 15, 2010
The scenario is that I did not score well enough to claim all 16 points in my application. So, I have to re-take the IELTS exam is order to claim all the points. The situation is that the new test date is available only 6 days prior to my application deadline submission to the visa office. Is any one aware if I can apply to the Visa Office using this IELTS exam score and later update the Visa Office with the new score? Also, we are still waiting on our FBI results. Can I send the application without the FBI results and update the visa office later?

canada_dream100

Jul 30, 2010
zabaloch said:
The scenario is that I did not score well enough to claim all 16 points in my application. So, I have to re-take the IELTS exam is order to claim all the points. The situation is that the new test date is available only 6 days prior to my application deadline submission to the visa office. Is any one aware if I can apply to the Visa Office using this IELTS exam score and later update the Visa Office with the new score? Also, we are still waiting on our FBI results. Can I send the application without the FBI results and update the visa office later?
if you have applied after 26th June - then you need to submit IELTS report within dead line. If you need 16 points from IELTS to reach 67 mark - then officially you are in danger area but it will take time to VO to look into your file, and that is gray area. I meant, if you take exam in 6 days + 13 days for result; send your result asap and you would be safe.
If you have applied before, 26th June - you can write explanation letter to claim language proficiency & your VO may or may not ask you to write IELTS exam but that would happen in 4-5 months; and if you submit your IELTS in next 3 weeks you are safe.

Please note on of the member, in last week, did not submit few documents for claimed work with in 120 days and sent it later; his case was rejected & VO asked him to re-apply with 60 days.

for FBI report, delay is normal and there won't be any issue if you submit it after deadline, but try to submit asap.

zabaloch

Star Member
Mar 15, 2010
We applied to Nova Scotia on April 10, 2010. We have to submit application on or before 5 of November. Should we send the application now and send the IELTS exam result later? Will it work in our scenario?
Thanks a million for the information.

canada_dream100

Jul 30, 2010
zabaloch said:
We applied to Nova Scotia on April 10, 2010. We have to submit application on or before 5 of November. Should we send the application now and send the IELTS exam result later? Will it work in our scenario?
Thanks a million for the information.
I would suggest to send full document now, you should have at least 2-3 grace period for mistakes of courier company, which is rare but not impossible. So make sure your application reach there before time.

If you need 16 points form IELTS to reach 67 points, and if you submit IELTS now with less score, you declare yourself that you do not have 67 points. that's why I would suggest to write a letter to VO & claim those points (in letter you need to write where you learn English, why you are claiming it and proof of claim .e.g letter from your college that medium of eduction was English and/or letter from emp. that English is used at workplace & you have good English) . Definitely, VO will not except your claim & ask you to submit the IELTS report (in next 3-5 months as per their work load). So try to submit IELTS asap.

good luck.

zabaloch

Star Member
Mar 15, 2010
The other twist in the story is that the first test IELTS exam I attended I sent the the report to the visa office as asked in IELTS registration. What should I do?
Sorry for too many questions? I appreciate your help.

Thanks

mohni

Apr 6, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zabaloch said:
The other twist in the story is that the first test IELTS exam I attended I sent the the report to the visa office as asked in IELTS registration. What should I do?

Thanks
hiya......
send whatever u have in your application pakage.......take test and send the result asap....attach IELTS registration letter and a cover letter stating that u r going to improve your ielts result and its registration letter for proof is attached with it.

then after getting result send it at your earliest.

best wishes

nasj

Star Member
Jan 22, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Writing a letter claiming language proficiency does not work anymore, unfortunately they will calculate your point without languages and issue a rejection latter. You can search old topic in this forum for assurance.

Accroding to OP 6 Federal Skilled Workers (Operation Manual) that applicants must submit everything in a single package.

"Applicants are required to submit their complete application and other forms, together with all
supporting documents to a visa office within a deadline set out in the notification they receive from
the CIO. This notification specifies that applicants must submit everything in a single package. It
also informs the applicant that the visa office will complete the final determination of eligibility on
the basis of the information on file once the deadline has elapsed. Visa offices are not required to
remind applicants of this deadline."

however; if you keep Reading the manual you'll see this note:

"Note: Any documents received and added to the file prior to the date of the letter, regardless of whether
or not the 120 days have elapsed, must be considered. Visa offices cannot refuse to consider
submissions made after 120 days, if the letters in either Appendix D or E have not been sent. It is
therefore important to produce the BF reports, make the final determination of eligibility and send the
letters promptly."

wish you the best.

canada_dream100

Jul 30, 2010
nasj said:
Writing a letter claiming language proficiency does not work anymore, unfortunately they will calculate your point without languages and issue a rejection latter. You can search old topic in this forum for assurance.

Accroding to OP 6 Federal Skilled Workers (Operation Manual) that applicants must submit everything in a single package.

"Applicants are required to submit their complete application and other forms, together with all
supporting documents to a visa office within a deadline set out in the notification they receive from
the CIO. This notification specifies that applicants must submit everything in a single package. It
also informs the applicant that the visa office will complete the final determination of eligibility on
the basis of the information on file once the deadline has elapsed. Visa offices are not required to
remind applicants of this deadline."

however; if you keep Reading the manual you'll see this note:

"Note: Any documents received and added to the file prior to the date of the letter, regardless of whether
or not the 120 days have elapsed, must be considered. Visa offices cannot refuse to consider
submissions made after 120 days, if the letters in either Appendix D or E have not been sent. It is
therefore important to produce the BF reports, make the final determination of eligibility and send the
letters promptly."

wish you the best.
I agree, but can you please share your thoughts on following....
This application was filed before 26th June, which means applicant is eligible to claim language proficiency if provides written explanation & proof for the same (that means no document is left). Although VO will not award claimed points, but here intention was to buy few weeks to submit latest IELTS result.

mohni

Apr 6, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canada_dream100 said:
I agree, but can you please share your thoughts on following....
This application was filed before 26th June, which means applicant is eligible to claim language proficiency if provides written explanation & proof for the same (that means no document is left). Although VO will not award claimed points, but here intention was to buy few weeks to submit latest IELTS result.
hiya.....
yar dont make it complicated......its better to send IELTS result what he/she have and then after getting new Improved IELTS result (it will be intimated in application under coverletter ) he/she can send it too.

best wishes

canada_dream100

Jul 30, 2010
zabaloch said:

Thanks
There is no harm to ask too many questions in the forum. This forum is meant to help each other.
As mentioned earlier, I would suggest to write explanation & claim language proficiency & then sent IELTS report.

Do not directly send new report, you can collect your report on 13th day from center & send that by over night delivery.
good luck.

canada_dream100

Jul 30, 2010
mohni said:
hiya.....
yar dont make it complicated......its better to send IELTS result what he/she have and then after getting new Improved IELTS result (it will be intimated in application under coverletter ) he/she can send it too.

best wishes
This person need 16 points to reach 67 mark, and if this applicant send IELTS, s/he declares that s/he does not have 67 points.
But a letter for claim for VO consideration may provide gray area.
May be more experienced & seniors can provide better information.

mohni

Apr 6, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canada_dream100 said:
This person need 16 points to reach 67 mark, and if this applicant send IELTS, s/he declares that s/he does not have 67 points.
But a letter for claim for VO consideration may provide gray area.
May be more experienced & seniors can provide better information.
hiya.....
ok then ur advice is better

best wishes

zabaloch

Star Member
Mar 15, 2010
ok. I am trying to get an earlier date. If we get the earlier date fine otherwise I will just send in the application now and provide the new test result later.
Also, is anyone aware if I have to pay the re-test fee or the second take is free??

Thanks

mohni

Apr 6, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zabaloch said:
ok. I am trying to get an earlier date. If we get the earlier date fine otherwise I will just send in the application now and provide the new test result later.
Also, is anyone aware if I have to pay the re-test fee or the second take is free??

Thanks
hiya....
u have to pay test fee again (nothing free)

best wishes

canada_dream100

Jul 30, 2010
zabaloch said:

Thanks
IELTS is not free... every time you need to pay