+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can we still travel?

The Howards

May 31, 2018
Hello all,

Here's our newest issue. We got our email saying our application was complete and we have our final permanent resident interview on June 19th! Because of when my fiancé's passport expired we had to renew his passport and also send in a work extension application which is still pending.

The question is, we are supposed to go to a concert this Friday in the U.S. , so we won't have finalized his PR or have our PR card yet.. does anyone know if we can still go? would there be any issue with him getting back into Canada?

dsanchez

Star Member
May 10, 2018
Hello all,

Here's our newest issue. We got our email saying our application was complete and we have our final permanent resident interview on June 19th! Because of when my fiancé's passport expired we had to renew his passport and also send in a work extension application which is still pending.

The question is, we are supposed to go to a concert this Friday in the U.S. , so we won't have finalized his PR or have our PR card yet.. does anyone know if we can still go? would there be any issue with him getting back into Canada?
You have no valid passport in hand, no work visa in hand, and no PR card in hand? Yes, I'd say you'll have trouble getting into Canada.

The Howards

May 31, 2018
You have no valid passport in hand, no work visa in hand, and no PR card in hand? Yes, I'd say you'll have trouble getting into Canada.
The passport is valid, we just don't have the work visa and PR card yet as both are still in processing.