+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can we reside to Montreal after CSQ?

Pham

Jan 16, 2018
Hi,

We got the CSQ for Quebec Investor program and waiting for CIC visa.
However, we want to move to Montreal this summer for the kid's education. What eligibility we can have with CSQ if we move to Montreal?

I don't know if the kids can be eligible in French public school in Montreal under local benefit?
Do we need to apply for any others, eg. LOA, study visa, guardian visa?... If yes, what and where we can get the full information?

Thanks you very much for your helps!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
CSQ does not allow you to move to Canada. You can only do that once you have PR.

If your children want to study in Canada before they have permanent residency - they will need study permits and you will have to pay international student fees (expect approximately $14K per child). There is no such thing as a guardian visa. You will need to find someone who is already living in Canada to act as their guardian. If you wish to be the guardian - you would need to come to Canada through either a work permit or study permit yourself. To come on a work permit, you need a job offer in Canada and your employer needs to obtain an approved LMIA. To come on a study permit, you would need to enroll in full time classes at a university or college and be prepared to pay international student fees.

Reactions: Pham and sunnymks

Nikedev

Star Member
Jul 14, 2014
Hi Scylla and all ,

I need your help and advice.

I got my CSQ, and not yet applied for PR.
I am currently living in Toronto on ICT close WP and WP is going to expire in the month of October , 2020.

How do I get Open work permit so that I can stay longer in Canada / Toronto or in Montreal ?
I believe I need new employer to offer me Job and WP

If you could spread some light on my situation then really helpful!