+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can we reschedule a citizenship test invitation?

Mancity

Apr 7, 2017
Hi Couple weeks ago i called IRCC advising them that i've planned a trip in europe from October 10th to 23th so that i don't wanna receive an invitation for citizenship test while i'm away.

This morning i've opened the online services and found that i've been scheluded for test invitation on October 12th... Please advise me about what to do if i want to reschedule the test invitation?

Reactions: goldei

devilhimselff

Champion Member
Jul 10, 2005
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Yep...
I will send a written letter with explanation to the address on your letter, with copy of that letter for your details as well. That way you will get the information to the officer dealing with your application directly. Also if it doesn't get updated in a week or so call and update. I will courier the letter and get it there as soon as possible, and that way you also get tracking and record of sending the information.

Reactions: Mancity

paulvoyer

Mar 10, 2017
Hi Couple weeks ago i called IRCC advising them that i've planned a trip in europe from October 10th to 23th so that i don't wanna receive an invitation for citizenship test while i'm away.

This morning i've opened the online services and found that i've been scheluded for test invitation on October 12th... Please advise me about what to do if i want to reschedule the test invitation?
my friend I would not recommend doing that ever ,,, this movement cost me withdrawing my last file and re-apply with a new application ,,, theory yes you can ,, but for re-scheduling the test they will take their time ,, you know what call them tomorrow and ask them how much will be the average waiting time for re-schedule ??

Reactions: .Steve

.Steve

Sep 9, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Under no casual circumstances would I miss the test.
I would reschedule my vacation and bear the cost of rescheduled vacation than to bear the uncertainty of test to be rescheduled.

HamiltonApplicant

Apr 3, 2017
Hamilton
Visa Office......
Munich, Germany
App. Filed.......
Jan 2007
Med's Request
Dec 2009
Med's Done....
Jan 2010
Passport Req..
Apr 2010
VISA ISSUED...
May 2010
LANDED..........
25-11-2010
Under no casual circumstances would I miss the test.
I would reschedule my vacation and bear the cost of rescheduled vacation than to bear the uncertainty of test to be rescheduled.
Will go on step further, will postpone the vacation altogether till oath & new passport...

Reactions: N_Shine and Mancity

Mancity

Apr 7, 2017
Thanks tho :).. The day i've received the invitation to write the citizenship exam, i'd sent a mail to scarborough office as to postpone my test date.. Today i got a call from the office advising me that i was removed from the event on the 12 of October and will be rescheduled for another event which she can't confirm, i stepped back saying if she could put me back through the original's date of invitation, she said i'm not sure but she will give me a call in couple hours. 3 mn later she called back saying that she put me back to the 12th october. :).... Afterward, i called the flight company and bore the cost of rescheduled trip the day of the test... Such a nice lady on the phone.

Last edited:

.Steve

Sep 9, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks tho :).. The day i've received the invitation to write the citizenship exam, i'd sent a mail to scarborough office as to postpone my test date.. Today i got a call from the office advising me that i was removed from the event on the 12 of October and will be rescheduled for another event which she can't confirm, i stepped back saying if she could put me back through the original's date of invitation, she said i'm not sure but she will give me a call in couple hours. 3 mn later she called back saying that she put me back to the 12th october. :).... Afterward, i called the flight company and bore the cost of rescheduled trip the day of the test... Such a nice lady on the phone.
Good luck with your test :)

Mancity

Apr 7, 2017
I've successfully passed the test on October 12, 2017 @SCARBOROUGH and still no DM yet... whoever says that the test is easy, do not want to help you out... I haven't seen a trickyest test so far as the one i saw there... This is more language test than knowledge of Canada....Also the interviewer was so ruthless about any details....She even asked me some additionals docs that i did not carry with me that day... At the end she said to wait for the oath within the 12 months that i've applied (meaning from April 2017 to April 2018)...

devilhimselff

Champion Member
Jul 10, 2005
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Yep...
I've successfully passed the test on October 12, 2017 @SCARBOROUGH and still no DM yet... whoever says that the test is easy, do not want to help you out... I haven't seen a trickyest test so far as the one i saw there... This is more language test than knowledge of Canada....Also the interviewer was so ruthless about any details....She even asked me some additionals docs that i did not carry with me that day... At the end she said to wait for the oath within the 12 months that i've applied (meaning from April 2017 to April 2018)...

You are totally wrong, if someone reads through the discover Canada and understands what it is talking about, they WILL NOT fail. The passing statistics speak for themselves. If you can't read the simple English or French version that is another issue and you can rectify it by attending programs designed to improve your language skills.

As for interview it depends on each individual and their case, residency in Canada, jobs, tax filling, travels, etc etc. no set rule.

No extra or special documents etc were asked from us other than originally provided with applications, as per checklist ONLY. We both had jobs, filed taxes every year, had quiet a bit of international vacation trips as well.

Again if you read through Discover Canada, understand it, you will pass.

Mancity

Apr 7, 2017
for my case i was asked Income tax that i did not have with me that day.... Also regarding the test, no one has said do not read the book or whatsoever.... As i said the test is tricky as you should understand questions first before answering... The citizenship test available online is completely different than the real test, answers can be the same but not similar at all.......... Just cut off if you don't know that to say...
Maybe you think that i have not read the book i just went and passed... ridiculous

Stef.

Apr 5, 2017
You are totally wrong, if someone reads through the discover Canada and understands what it is talking about, they WILL NOT fail. The passing statistics speak for themselves. If you can't read the simple English or French version that is another issue and you can rectify it by attending programs designed to improve your language skills.

As for interview it depends on each individual and their case, residency in Canada, jobs, tax filling, travels, etc etc. no set rule.

No extra or special documents etc were asked from us other than originally provided with applications, as per checklist ONLY. We both had jobs, filed taxes every year, had quiet a bit of international vacation trips as well.

Again if you read through Discover Canada, understand it, you will pass.
Could you please provide me with a link to the passing statistics? The one that I saw was in the 20% failure quote, which is not exactly super low.
I have passed the test and yes it is doable, but I would not call it super easy. They tend to ask some really very precise questions that you might not consider vital when reading the book. When I did my test there were a couple of people who did not pass it. Admittedly the majority seem to have passed, but better be well prepared. Also tests differ from test center to test center.

devilhimselff

Champion Member
Jul 10, 2005
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Yep...
for my case i was asked Income tax that i did not have with me that day.... Also regarding the test, no one has said do not read the book or whatsoever.... As i said the test is tricky as you should understand questions first before answering... The citizenship test available online is completely different than the real test, answers can be the same but not similar at all.......... Just cut off if you don't know that to say...
Maybe you think that i have not read the book i just went and passed... ridiculous
What are you talking about man? Online tests vs real test? Since when has cic said that they follow online tests? Discover Canada is the only official test material. Seriously you are whinning that you have to understand the question before answering? I will say no more.

80% pass rate is not exactly a low passing rate.

Mancity

Apr 7, 2017
Could you please provide me with a link to the passing statistics? The one that I saw was in the 20% failure quote, which is not exactly super low.
I have passed the test and yes it is doable, but I would not call it super easy. They tend to ask some really very precise questions that you might not consider vital when reading the book. When I did my test there were a couple of people who did not pass it. Admittedly the majority seem to have passed, but better be well prepared. Also tests differ from test center to test center.
Thanks .. when we did the test at least 5 did not pass and were so disappointed about how tricky the test was......As before they get the results they knew they didn't pass and 2 came to me asking where or what document i have to read... One lady even showed me the book and told me she has read several times and has even marks throughout the book....

Last edited:

Mancity

Apr 7, 2017
What are you talking about man? Online tests vs real test? Since when has cic said that they follow online tests? Discover Canada is the only official test material. Seriously you are whinning that you have to understand the question before answering? I will say no more.

80% pass rate is not exactly a low passing rate.
I'm not playing game with you or coming back and forth for this... Once we finished the test at least 5 persons said they have failed............ CIC says 30% of people failed the test in the average....