+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can we request for Change in ITA FSW to ITA CEC

RA007

Aug 14, 2014
Hello Folks,

Thanks for sharing their valuable views in this forum.

I received ITA under FSW last Friday, congrats for all the applicants who bagged ITA's and all the very best for rest.

My question is... can applicant request CIC to change the ITA/FSW to ITA/CEC???

The reason behind this I don't have work exp letters from employers from UK and India. One of the employer from India is no longer in business.

I already contacted CIC office related to change... I will update over this if I hear from them.

I want to check if it's the case cic had history entertaining these type of requests??

or you guys suggest me to start uploading the documents under FSW..... before receiving the confirmation from CIC or to wait.

Appreciate your replies.

Thanks in advance.

rdnsb

Star Member
Apr 21, 2015
Hello RA007,

I hope that your PR is approved.

Can you please let me know the next steps in the process because I have been selected for both FSWP and CEC and waiting to get an ITA.
I am at 477.
I wanted to be ready with the documents before getting an ITA.

My questions are:
1. What are the documents required after getting ITA.
2. did CIC approved to shift from FSWP to CEC.
3. I have exp cert from my employer and he is no longer in business right now. so, is exp letter sufficient or need to add some other stuff too.

Please help me on this.

Thanks in advance.

YamPower

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2015
Med's Done....
14-04-2015
Passport Req..
09-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
23-09-2015
LANDED..........
13-11-2015
RA007, it will be interesting to see what becomes of your request. I've never heard of someone making that kind of request so you might be the first EE person on this forum to do so.

RDNSB, look at the Step by Step Instructions thread at the top of the EE forum page.

purplesnow

Feb 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
they won't change it for you. You can either continue with the FSW ITA, or decline it, remove your foreign experience from the work experience keeping only the qualifying Canadian experience, put the foreign exp into personal history and re-enter the pool and wait for another ITA.

uxd

Feb 27, 2015
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-09-2015
AOR Received.
01-09-2015
Med's Done....
04-09-2015
Passport Req..
16-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
6-11-2015 copr rcvd
purplesnow said:
they won't change it for you. You can either continue with the FSW ITA, or decline it, remove your foreign experience from the work experience keeping only the qualifying Canadian experience, put the foreign exp into personal history and re-enter the pool and wait for another ITA.
There is no need to remove the foreign work ex if u can prove it. Rather change your funds to zero and see if that makes you ineligible for fsw alone.

rdnsb

Star Member
Apr 21, 2015
YamPower said:
RA007, it will be interesting to see what becomes of your request. I've never heard of someone making that kind of request so you might be the first EE person on this forum to do so.

RDNSB, look at the Step by Step Instructions thread at the top of the EE forum page.
Thank you YamPower

sivasagi

Jan 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nope, you cannot change it now. Unfortunately, you have to decline the current ITA and update your profile to remove the work exp that don't have reference letters or supporting documents

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
RA007 said:
Hello Folks,

I received ITA under FSW last Friday, congrats for all the applicants who bagged ITA's and all the very best for rest.

The reason behind this I don't have work exp letters from employers from UK and India. One of the employer from India is no longer in business.

I already contacted CIC office related to change... I will update over this if I hear from them.

I want to check if it's the case cic had history entertaining these type of requests??

or you guys suggest me to start uploading the documents under FSW..... before receiving the confirmation from CIC or to wait.

Appreciate your replies.

Thanks in advance.
While you wait for a reply, you could reassess your points under FSW, assuming you are unable to get those two letters. If you still have 67 points, you are safe to apply under FSW. Then all you have to do is remove those jobs from your work history and put them in your personal history. If you don't have enough points without that employment, and you really can't get those letters or prove your work there (for the closed employer, tax forms, pay stubs, an old work contract might do), then you aren't actually qualified for FSW and will have to decline the invitation, revise your EE application, and hope for a CEC ITA. Good luck!

purplesnow

Feb 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
uxd said:
There is no need to remove the foreign work ex if u can prove it. Rather change your funds to zero and see if that makes you ineligible for fsw alone.
no but seeing as the OP said they can't get the work letters..

cartwright

Star Member
Jul 31, 2015
Answers inline:

RA007 said:
Hello Folks,

CIC reviews application on its merits before it decides on the category it allocates you, chances are slim that they will change it

Doesn't matter if you can't get company letters. A notarized letter from your ex-supervisor or colleague along with pay stubs and Income tax docs should do. That being said, If you aren't claiming points for those jobs you can exclude them from work history and mention them in personal history.

Keep us posted

Start the process, don't wait. The clock is ticking and you have only 60 days to complete the application
Appreciate your replies.

Thanks in advance.