+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can we receive an RQ after 1 month of the test?

farrous13

Oct 1, 2013
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My wife's friend applied in June or July 2011 (local office Montreal). Did the test in Dec 2012 and then after received an RQ letter in Jan 2013. 1 month after doing the test. Is this still possible? Are there regulations about when an RQ is usually issued or is it arbitrary?

EasyRider

Oct 12, 2008
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
RQ can be issued at discretion at any point officer or CJ touches your case before oath. For Montreal you can see post-test RQ's issued anywhere between 0-8 months after test.

kombrayki

Nov 15, 2013
What happen during the test that may have trigger an rq for u guys!!
I am sure something have happened during test !?
Please share

kombrayki

Nov 15, 2013
You got me stressed out people now :((
Did the test on oct 31- passed test - only question I was asked from officer is : what do you do!
Please advise

Nordicgirl

Star Member
Dec 18, 2012
Visa Office......
Scarborough, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kombrayki said:
You got me stressed out people now :((
Did the test on oct 31- passed test - only question I was asked from officer is : what do you do!
Please advise
What did you answer?

I have even read of someone getting pulled out of the oath ceremony as something was unclear and I think the person got an RQ!

Nordicgirl

Star Member
Dec 18, 2012
Visa Office......
Scarborough, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kombrayki said:
Just said that I work at this company as an engineer
That's it
No further questions
I was asked just if I had renewed a document. That's it. No further questions. And my application process was very smooth.

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can't remember when this was but I recall an applicant being pulled out of the oath room due to mumbling or otherwise unclear elocution of the oath so its not not over until you get the oath signed, sealed and delivered...even then CIC can come after you without a time limit if they uncover any misrepresentation. They may or may have not been RQ afterwards but the risk is there especially if you left Canada soon after submission at day 1096 and have been away for so long that your PR status is/ may be in jeopardy! Any PR issues = No Oath!

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kombrayki said:
What happen during the test that may have trigger an rq for u guys!!
I am sure something have happened during test !?
Please share
does not have to be the test...can be anything from application.