+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can we move to Montreal with EE with a job offer ?

brunogent

Aug 23, 2022
Hello, I am writing because I am very annoyed.
I obtained my permanent resident status with my partner and we are leaving in January 2024. Except that my partner’s company appreciates his services and brings him closer to Canada to see if there was a place for him or not.
They found him a position as a salesman in a shop in Montreal. So I’m wondering if it’s possible to move to the province of Quebec, knowing that it’s normally not allowed with Entry Express even if we have a job offer.
I read that we should not go directly when landing, but that we could go afterwards. Other people say that you really can’t set foot in it and that after that to renew permanent residence or apply for citizenship, that can be a problem.

In short, I am completely lost and we do not know what to do. Should we accept this job offer and try Montreal or is it really impossible? If anyone has an answer, that would be really great.

thanks a lot everybody for'your help
@legalfalcon ??

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello, I am writing because I am very annoyed.
I obtained my permanent resident status with my partner and we are leaving in January 2024. Except that my partner’s company appreciates his services and brings him closer to Canada to see if there was a place for him or not.
They found him a position as a salesman in a shop in Montreal. So I’m wondering if it’s possible to move to the province of Quebec, knowing that it’s normally not allowed with Entry Express even if we have a job offer.
I read that we should not go directly when landing, but that we could go afterwards. Other people say that you really can’t set foot in it and that after that to renew permanent residence or apply for citizenship, that can be a problem.

In short, I am completely lost and we do not know what to do. Should we accept this job offer and try Montreal or is it really impossible? If anyone has an answer, that would be really great.

thanks a lot everybody for'your help
@legalfalcon ??
You are PRs. You can move wherever you want to in Canada.

It's a myth that this can cause problems for citizenship later. This isn't true.

brunogent

Aug 23, 2022
You are PRs. You can move wherever you want to in Canada.

It's a myth that this can cause problems for citizenship later. This isn't true.
thank you For your answer. And will it be a problem if I land directly in Quebec province ? Should i go somewhere else first ? At least the time to get the PR card ajd give an

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
thank you For your answer. And will it be a problem if I land directly in Quebec province ? Should i go somewhere else first ? At least the time to get the PR card ajd give an
I thought you said that you and your partner are already PRs. If you have not yet obtained PR, then the answer is different.

If you are not yet PRs, then you should avoid landing in Quebec directly and you will want to provide an address in a province other than Quebec for the mailing of your PR cards.

brunogent

Aug 23, 2022
I have the COPR and we want to go to Canada in Jan 24.

So if I get well we should land in another province, ask for the RP card and as soon as we get it we could move into Quebec province right ?