+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can we Migrate to other parts of Canada once we get PNP to one province?

talktoudaykumar

Sep 18, 2013
Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
11-03-2021
Nomination.....
ITA 14-02-2021
AOR Received.
11-03-2021
Med's Done....
25-03-2021
VISA ISSUED...
31-10-2021
Hi

If we get PNP for PEI or Nova Scotia, Can we migrate to any other state(like ontario, NOva scotia or quebec)? Or PR only permits to one Province only?

It's worst case scenario that if we didn't get job at One Province due to job market situation, Can we migrate to other parts of Canada?

Please help me on this.

mohitbector

Star Member
Oct 31, 2015
Haryana
NOC Code......
LANDED..........
06-03-2019
talktoudaykumar said:
Hi

If we get PNP for PEI or Nova Scotia, Can we migrate to any other state(like ontario, NOva scotia or quebec)? Or PR only permits to one Province only?

It's worst case scenario that if we didn't get job at One Province due to job market situation, Can we migrate to other parts of Canada?

Please help me on this.
you can roam around in any province.... but can do job in only the nominated province.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
mohitbector said:
you can roam around in any province.... but can do job in only the nominated province.
@mohitbector - Wrong! With all due respect, please do NOT post misleading information. Thanks.

@talktoudaykumar - According to the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms, Section 6 - "Mobility Rights", any Canadian Citizen OR Permanent Resident can work and live in ANY part of Canada.

http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/const/page-15.html

Having said that, let us now talk on the moral grounds. The province is inviting you to fill a need in their labor market. They want your skill in the labor market and that is why they are helping you get the 600 points. This 600 points will get you an ITA and an ITA will eventually transform into a COPR and a Permanent Resident Visa on your passport.

Now, after you land in that province, you ought to make sincere efforts to establish yourself in that province. Meaning, you have to start looking for jobs, try getting yourself re-educated and gain some "Canadian Work Experience" by doing some volunteer work. This is the only way to land in a good job in Canada. Now, if you land in a relatively less popular province (No offense to any province or its residents) and move to the "relatively better" ones like Ontario and BC, you are demeaning the very purpose of your nomination. The province wanted you to fill its labor need and do you just ditch the province that gave you 600 points? This is a very incorrect thing to do and a very limited way of approaching the situation. Even though the province will not have any legal hold on you, this is extremely unfair and a sick thing to do.

I suggest that one should put in extremely sincere and genuine efforts to establish oneself in the province that S/he was nominated by. In spite of your best efforts, if you are not able to establish yourself in that province, then it might be acceptable to consider moving to other provinces.

This is only my opinion. Thanks!

Nova_S

Star Member
Apr 6, 2014
talktoudaykumar said:
Hi

Please help me on this.
You can work and roam to anywhere in canada. BUT before getting the PR you signed schedule 4 and other provincial forms that you intend to work and live to that respective province. Therefore, while renewing your PR card or after applying for citizenship if CIC officers are convinced in the fact that you had no intention to live and work in your nominating province than you don't blame me because they has the right to cancel your PR anytime on the ground of misrepresentation.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Nova_S said:
You can work and roam to anywhere in canada. BUT before getting the PR you signed schedule 4 and other provincial forms that you intend to work and live to that respective province. Therefore, while renewing your PR card or after applying for citizenship if CIC officers are convinced in the fact that you had no intention to live and work in your nominating province than you don't blame me because they has the right to cancel your PR anytime on the ground of misrepresentation.
Well, I haven't heard a case where a person's PR has been cancelled because of this. Can you provide any evidence to substantiate your claim?

But I agree that they most definitely will question applicants as to why they did not maintain residence in the province that nominated them. "Intention" is different from an actual action. The rules say that you must "intend" to stay in that province, not "you must stay in that province and only in that province".

Having said that, I affirm that it is very wrong on the part of the applicant to just ditch the province that nominated him/her and move to another province because this is a form of cheating. The province will lose an applicant who was supposed to fill their market need. This is plain bad on the part of the applicant.

nickarter84

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2014
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
LANDED..........
10-08-2016
rajkamalmohanram said:
@mohitbector - Wrong! With all due respect, please do NOT post misleading information. Thanks.

@talktoudaykumar - According to the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms, Section 6 - "Mobility Rights", any Canadian Citizen OR Permanent Resident can work and live in ANY part of Canada.

http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/const/page-15.html

Having said that, let us now talk on the moral grounds. The province is inviting you to fill a need in their labor market. They want your skill in the labor market and that is why they are helping you get the 600 points. This 600 points will get you an ITA and an ITA will eventually transform into a COPR and a Permanent Resident Visa on your passport.

Now, after you land in that province, you ought to make sincere efforts to establish yourself in that province. Meaning, you have to start looking for jobs, try getting yourself re-educated and gain some "Canadian Work Experience" by doing some volunteer work. This is the only way to land in a good job in Canada. Now, if you land in a relatively less popular province (No offense to any province or its residents) and move to the "relatively better" ones like Ontario and BC, you are demeaning the very purpose of your nomination. The province wanted you to fill its labor need and do you just ditch the province that gave you 600 points? This is a very incorrect thing to do and a very limited way of approaching the situation. Even though the province will not have any legal hold on you, this is extremely unfair and a sick thing to do.

I suggest that one should put in extremely sincere and genuine efforts to establish oneself in the province that S/he was nominated by. In spite of your best efforts, if you are not able to establish yourself in that province, then it might be acceptable to consider moving to other provinces.

This is only my opinion. Thanks!
I would fully agree with you.

talktoudaykumar

Sep 18, 2013
Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
11-03-2021
Nomination.....
ITA 14-02-2021
AOR Received.
11-03-2021
Med's Done....
25-03-2021
VISA ISSUED...
31-10-2021
Hi

WOW!. Great info i got from your replies.

Yes. I agree that after getting 600 points from one province and moving to another one is not good from applicant part of it.
But in worst case scenario, If applicant can't find job despite of putting all efforts, then applicant has right to move to any part of the country where he finds the job. Isn't he/she?

But some one said... CIC may cancel the PR if we do so. Can some one throw some light on it.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
talktoudaykumar said:
Hi

WOW!. Great info i got from your replies.

Yes. I agree that after getting 600 points from one province and moving to another one is not good from applicant part of it.
But in worst case scenario, If applicant can't find job despite of putting all efforts, then applicant has right to move to any part of the country where he finds the job. Isn't he/she?

But some one said... CIC may cancel the PR if we do so. Can some one throw some light on it.
Very simply, if CIC can show that you lied in order to obtain the nomination, they can accuse you of material misrepresentation and potentially revoke your PR status, or even, theoretically, your citizenship. Unlikely to happen, but they do have that ability.