+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can we Including My Wife's Sister in Our Visitor Visa Application?

vijuureddy

Jun 25, 2023
Hello everyone,

My wife and I are preparing to apply for a renewal of our Canada visitor visas, as they are set to expire next month. We have both previously obtained multiple entry visas and had the opportunity to visit Canada once in 2020. Since we now have two children who are US citizens, they are exempt from needing a visitor visa. However, for this upcoming application, we would like to include my wife's sister as a family member.

My wife's sister recently completed her master's degree in the USA on a student visa and has been working in the software industry for a couple of months. Although she hasn't had a previous Canada visa, she is currently residing with us in Texas, USA.

We are aware of the necessary forms to be submitted, such as IMM5257e, IMM5645e, and IMM5257b, which must be completed for each individual applicant. Additionally, we intend to provide all relevant supporting documents, including our work permit documents, paystubs, employment letters, and individual financial support documents. To demonstrate our travel plans, we will also be booking flight tickets, hotel accommodations, and a rental car for all of us.

Our main question is whether it would be acceptable to include my wife's sister in our application, considering that we all reside at the same address. Alternatively, would it be more appropriate for her to submit a separate application? We understand that according to the IRCC, family members are defined as spouses, common-law partners, dependent children, and their dependent children.

We are unsure if including her in our application would provide any advantages or disadvantages for her or for us. If anyone could offer guidance or share their own experiences, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Vijay