+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

can we continue job in india if the course is online

syedrabi93

Jul 21, 2020
Hi all,

I have this question for a while after knowing that mostly the fall semester is going to be online. If its online course and we are not traveling to canada during the first Sem, are we allowed to continue our job here in India.

I am working as a software Engineer. Can i continue to work until i fly? will this create any mess with international students work hours rules even if we are not in the designated country.

syedrabi93

Jul 21, 2020
but if at all they see the experience certificate and notice the overlapping of dates with job and course, wont that be a problem. at least during the PR process?

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
but if at all they see the experience certificate and notice the overlapping of dates with job and course, wont that be a problem. at least during the PR process?
Seems doubtful though that you can count work experience gained whilst on a study permit if that was ever your intention even if that course is temporarily online and you happen to be outside of Canada.

Also of course keep in mind the time difference to attend a course online and your work hours.

primaprime

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2019
Seems doubtful though that you can count work experience gained whilst on a study permit if that was ever your intention even if that course is temporarily online and you happen to be outside of Canada.

Also of course keep in mind the time difference to attend a course online and your work hours.
Well, it wouldn't be Canadian work experience.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Well, it wouldn't be Canadian work experience.
That’s true but my point would be that it possibly wouldn’t be foreign experience either even though technically it is given the fact studying on a Canadian study permit which does not provide for any work whilst studying to be counted in a PR application. It seems to be a grey area not accounted for in the rush of IRCC to issue guidelines.

Jedi_Returns

Star Member
Jul 14, 2019
That’s true but my point would be that it possibly wouldn’t be foreign experience either even though technically it is given the fact studying on a Canadian study permit which does not provide for any work whilst studying to be counted in a PR application. It seems to be a grey area not accounted for in the rush of IRCC to issue guidelines.
Wouldn't it be considered as foreign employment if we apply for a PR? I'm also planning to continue my job until I can travel. Would it create problems?

Devil76

Star Member
Jul 24, 2020
Indo
Wouldn't it be considered as foreign employment if we apply for a PR? I'm also planning to continue my job until I can travel. Would it create problems?
[/Q
I don’t think it will... Canada has the limitation to work 20 hours on study permit but here you have just got the principle approval not the study permit and in India it is no where mentioned total work hours on your experience letter unlike in Canada..