+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can we change college after coming in Canada

harry89

Star Member
Oct 28, 2012
I just need to know guys can I change college after cuming to Canada.and if I can't so wats the process to change

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
pharmacistfaraz said:
what if someone wants to change the college after one or two months?
u can change institution anytime however u need to make sure ur not violating ur study permit requirements like u cannot stay in canada if ur not enrolled in any college . meaning u cannot have a gap of 2-3 months between u leave one college and join another that may cause problems. also u need to check if the new college is on DLI. Also u need to notify CIC
read more on the following link

" If you applied for a study permit to attend a post-secondary institution after June 1, 2014, you must notify Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) via your MyCIC account every time you change institutions. You are not required to apply for a new study permit when changing institutions that are at the same level of study (e.g., from a college to a university).

For example, you must notify CIC if you submit a letter of acceptance from the University of Ottawa when you apply for your study permit but then transfer to Carleton University once you arrive in Canada.

You are not required to notify CIC when you change institution if:

you applied for a study permit prior to June 1, 2014;
you were issued a study permit to attend an institution at the primary or secondary level; or
you obtained a study permit as the family member of a study or work permit holder (i.e., you were not required to submit a letter of acceptance when applying for a study permit).

Get step-by-step instructions on how to notify CIC that you have changed DLI’s using your MyCIC account."

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/study-changes.asp

Reactions: Mnprtkr

Mnprtkr

Jul 15, 2019
u can change institution anytime however u need to make sure ur not violating ur study permit requirements like u cannot stay in Canada if ur not enrolled in any college. meaning u cannot have a gap of 2-3 months between u leave one college and join another that may cause problems. also, u need to check if the new college is on DLI. Also, u need to notify CIC
read more on the following link

" If you applied for a study permit to attend a post-secondary institution after June 1, 2014, you must notify Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) via your MyCIC account every time you change institutions. You are not required to apply for a new study permit when changing institutions that are at the same level of study (e.g., from a college to a university).

For example, you must notify CIC if you submit a letter of acceptance from the University of Ottawa when you apply for your study permit but then transfer to Carleton University once you arrive in Canada.

You are not required to notify CIC when you change institution if:

you applied for a study permit prior to June 1, 2014;
you were issued a study permit to attend an institution at the primary or secondary level; or
you obtained a study permit as the family member of a study or work permit holder (i.e., you were not required to submit a letter of acceptance when applying for a study permit).

Get step-by-step instructions on how to notify CIC that you have changed DLI’s using your MyCIC account."

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/study-changes.asp
Hello,
My question is: the gap that is counted between changing from one college to other is:
when you withdraw from one college and start attending classes in another college.
OR
when you stop going to your current college and start attending classes in another college.
Actually, I did not have the knowledge of this 2 month allowed period. and I stop going to lectures when my admission to got confirmed in the other college. It's been 15 days but I did not get a withdrawal from my current college.
I stopped going to my previous college on 28th June 2019 and my new classes will start on 3rd Sept 2019.
Will you please tell me if everything's okay or not. I am worried.