Star Member
Dec 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,

I want to ask a simple question is that can we carry USD (united states dollars) instead of CAD as POF ?

pls help me ..

bye

GNPLC

Nov 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15/01/2015
Yes you can carry USD and change it when you get there.I have people that went with USD and I myself is going with USD too

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jaydipal said:
Hello,

I want to ask a simple question is that can we carry USD (united states dollars) instead of CAD as POF ?

pls help me ..

bye
New immigrants - Skilled workers - are allowed to bring foreign currency as proof of funds, in the form of any major currency ( USD, Euro, Sterling Pounds, Australian Dollar etc ) to an equivalent conversion of Canadian dollar as required or more.

Please change only reasonable amount at the airport. The rest you can change later at any banks having foreign exchange counter or money exchange kiosks out side the airport, where the rates are better for you.

jaydipal

Star Member
Dec 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Wilson and GNPLC,,

thanx for your answers,

we are going to cross canada immigration using CAR (not using flight) so in this case if we take USD equivalent to CAD (14,000 USD in my case) later we can exchange in CANADA ... , is that fine ?

pls help :)

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jaydipal said:
Wilson and GNPLC,,

thanx for your answers,

we are going to cross canada immigration using CAR (not using flight) so in this case if we take USD equivalent to CAD (14,000 USD in my case) later we can exchange in CANADA ... , is that fine ?

pls help :)
Yes, you will declare the funds anyways.