Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March-27-2012
AOR Received.
July-29-1012
Interview........
November 27-2012
Hello Forum Family, I sponsor my wife that lives in St.Lucia, and mailed in the paper work on March 27-2012, I havent heard anything yet, but lately we've been wondering if its possible for her to apply for a Canadian visa as well, or if there's anyway she can come to visit just for a month or two without a visa?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Unfortunately visit visas for spouses are often refused. However you can certainly try! Applying for a visit visa will not impact the PR application.

Morlon

Star Member
May 7, 2012
Toronto, On
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March-27-2012
AOR Received.
July-29-1012
Interview........
November 27-2012
scylla said:
Unfortunately visit visas for spouses are often refused. However you can certainly try! Applying for a visit visa will not impact the PR application.
I was doing research, and i notice her country dont need a visa to come to Canada, what should i do now?

S

sting

scylla said:
scylla is absolutely right

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Morlon said:
I was doing research, and i notice her country dont need a visa to come to Canada, what should i do now?
If your wife is from a visa exempt country - then she can visit as a tourist without a visa (i.e. on her passport).

Since you have applied to sponsor her, there is always a chance/concern that immigration might not want to let her into the country since they may be worried she will overstay.

To prove she will not over stay, I would do the following:

- make sure she has a return ticket booked
- pack like someone who is visiting for a short time (i.e. don't pack like you're moving)
- bring proof that the sponsorship application has been submitted and if the immigration officer asks, she should tell them she understands that she's only allowed to visit
- bring proof that she has sufficient funds to support herself during her visit
- bring proof that shows she has ties to her home country (e.g. property ownership, proof of employment, rental agreemenet, school enrollment, business ownership proof, etc.)

Hope this helps.

Morlon

Star Member
May 7, 2012
Toronto, On
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March-27-2012
AOR Received.
July-29-1012
Interview........
November 27-2012
scylla said:
If your wife is from a visa exempt country - then she can visit as a tourist without a visa (i.e. on her passport).

Since you have applied to sponsor her, there is always a chance/concern that immigration might not want to let her into the country since they may be worried she will overstay.

To prove she will not over stay, I would do the following:

- make sure she has a return ticket booked
- pack like someone who is visiting for a short time (i.e. don't pack like you're moving)
- bring proof that the sponsorship application has been submitted and if the immigration officer asks, she should tell them she understands that she's only allowed to visit
- bring proof that she has sufficient funds to support herself during her visit
- bring proof that shows she has ties to her home country (e.g. property ownership, proof of employment, rental agreemenet, school enrollment, business ownership proof, etc.)

Hope this helps.

Thanks a lot, that really helped. I spoke to my lawyer also, and she said "its fine, but its up to the immigration officer if she'll be grant entry"