+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can we apply for Canadian SDS Visa with student loan instead of GIC of $10,000?

YoungstownVlogger

Star Member
Feb 25, 2019
Gurdaspur
No, GIC is mendatory in SDS, if you wanna opt a study loan you will be treated as a non SDS student. It is strongly recommended to go with GIC even if you are applying under non sds.

arun437

Star Member
Jan 6, 2019
No, GIC is mendatory in SDS, if you wanna opt a study loan you will be treated as a non SDS student. It is strongly recommended to go with GIC even if you are applying under non sds.
Are you sure? So if I take a loan to pay my tuition fee and get GIC with my savings, will I be treated as a non SDS student ?

YoungstownVlogger

Star Member
Feb 25, 2019
Gurdaspur
Are you sure? So if I take a loan to pay my tuition fee and get GIC with my savings, will I be treated as a non SDS student ?
It's not about me, wheather i am sure or not!!!

It's about SDS Checklist, if you wanna fall into sds you have to get a GIC,

If you go with study loan, automatically you fall into non sds category.

Yes, but a actually you will be following a non sds Checklist and forms if you go with a study loan and then obviously you will be treated as a non sds.

So, you have to get a GIC if you want to apply in sds category.

arun437

Star Member
Jan 6, 2019
It's not about me, wheather i am sure or not!!!

It's about SDS Checklist, if you wanna fall into sds you have to get a GIC,

If you go with study loan, automatically you fall into non sds category.

Yes, but a actually you will be following a non sds Checklist and forms if you go with a study loan and then obviously you will be treated as a non sds.

So, you have to get a GIC if you want to apply in sds category.
My question is, If I get GIC with my savings and pay my tuition fee with a student loan will I be under SDS category ?

Or the moment you take a loan you're out of it ?

selvakk

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2018
My question is, If I get GIC with my savings and pay my tuition fee with a student loan will I be under SDS category ?

No, you can get GIC in any way you want. You can use funds from you student loan or your personal savings. For SDS stream GIC is mandatory.

Reactions: arun437

YoungstownVlogger

Star Member
Feb 25, 2019
Gurdaspur

You only need a GIC in sds category, no matter how you purchase it. You can get it from your study loan. Still i would recommend you to confirm this from your Agent.

Reactions: arun437

Ghosh

Jun 14, 2019
Can I go for sds with loan?
No it is advisable to pay GIC it doubles up your chances. And if you are worried what would happen if your visa gets rejected , the banks mention that in such a case they shall refund all of your money.

selvakk

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2018
No it is advisable to pay GIC it doubles up your chances. And if you are worried what would happen if your visa gets rejected , the banks mention that in such a case they shall refund all of your money.
I think they mean loan as a source of funds. Without GIC you can't apply for SDS.

Darshak7

Jan 19, 2019
I think they mean loan as a source of funds. Without GIC you can't apply for SDS.
i have already bought gic and paid tution fees for one year. I have taken a loan and it covers both. what i mean by the question what financial docs do i need to show in case of sds with funding from loan?

Reactions: Atchu

Ghosh

Jun 14, 2019
i have already bought gic and paid tution fees for one year. I have taken a loan and it covers both. what i mean by the question what financial docs do i need to show in case of sds with funding from loan?
IRCC doesn't ask for any more financial proof but to be on a safer side one can attach load sanction papers , ITR of oneself and/or the sponsor's and/or bank statements and salary slips again of whoever is sponsoring your education.

Darshak7

Jan 19, 2019
IRCC doesn't ask for any more financial proof but to be on a safer side one can attach load sanction papers , ITR of oneself and/or the sponsor's and/or bank statements and salary slips again of whoever is sponsoring your education.
in short i can go with GIC certificate, tution receipt, Loan santion and disbursement letter, ITR of parents, salary slips ,FD etc to be on the safer side?

selvakk

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2018
in short i can go with GIC certificate, tution receipt, Loan santion and disbursement letter, ITR of parents, salary slips ,FD etc to be on the safer side?
No need for extra documents. You are just going to complicate your application. Just provide what documents you are asked to provide. Only optional document you should consider is letter of explanation/S.O.P.