+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can we apply for canada PR and US green card at same time?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Not really but if you get both, it can be hard to keep both at the same time.

asjaggi

Nov 30, 2012
Ok. Thanks for reply. I score 69 points for FSWC program, assessment based on 2013 form. I opted for no job offer during evaluation yet scoring 69 points. How strong are the chances by your knowledge to get pr based on FSWC? Thanks again for your reply.

rock_khan

Jul 2, 2011
Kuwait
Visa Office......
London.
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/8/09
Doc's Request.
5/5/10
IELTS Request
N/R
Med's Request
7/1/13
Med's Done....
20/1/13
Interview........
19/11/12
Passport Req..
26/07/13
VISA ISSUED...
01/09/13
LANDED..........
23/09/13
You can apply for both (but if u are able to get both than will have to choose one to stick to and move) !

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
asjaggi said:
Ok. Thanks for reply. I score 69 points for FSWC program, assessment based on 2013 form. I opted for no job offer during evaluation yet scoring 69 points. How strong are the chances by your knowledge to get pr based on FSWC? Thanks again for your reply.
So if you don't have a job offer, you are a Canadian PhD graduate? For that class, there is a cap of 1000 per year. The last cap year started on Nov. 1st 2012. According to http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/complete-applications.asp there are as of March 20th 2013 already 486 applications in so if you want to apply for that, you still could.

If you have calculated your points correctly, you get your application in before the cap is full and you pass background checks and medicals, your chances of getting PR are 100%.

asjaggi

Nov 30, 2012
@ rock_khan thanks...
@ Leaon.. No i dont have phd from canada... I am working in US on H1b visa.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
asjaggi said:
@ rock_khan thanks...
@ Leaon.. No i dont have phd from canada... I am working in US on H1b visa.
Ok, in that case, you need a job offer (AEO) in order to apply. Several years ago, you could apply just based on points but that is water under the bridge. Currently they are only open for applications under skilled worker for those who have a job offer and for PhD graduates in Canada (cap of 1000 per year). They were also open for applications without a job offer for certain "most wanted" occupations but that is currently closed. When they will open it again and what the new occupations will be, nobody knows until it happens. They are planning to announce it sometime this year.

If you go to http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-who.asp you see basic eligibility right at the top of the page:

Basic eligibility

For your application to be eligible for processing, you must:

* have a valid offer of arranged employment, OR
* be an international student enrolled in a PhD program in Canada (or graduated from a Canadian PhD program within the past 12 months) and meet certain criteria.
If you find a Canadian employer who is interested in giving you a job offer for immigration, here's how they apply for the AEO for you: http://www.hrsdc.gc.ca/eng/workplaceskills/foreign_workers/poarremp.shtml

asjaggi

Nov 30, 2012
Ok. Thanks Leon. I am waiting for April when it is expected to announce new NOC list. Thanks again.