+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can two Graduate Certificate program back-to-back be eligible for PGWP?

expatt

Sep 30, 2014
If I do a 1-year long graduate certificate, and then join another year long or 8 months graduate program, can it be combined for a total of 1+1 (or 1.8) year of post-graduate work permit? Or, is this only possible if I do, 1-year long GC, and then apply for a year long Master's program? (which I know is possible)

expatt

Sep 30, 2014
So does the next GC have to be in the related field or anything? Do you have any official links to where this information is provided (or is this more experience knowledge)

ANOOP1

Star Member
Jul 18, 2014
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2010/ob194A.asp. This is the link for that information.

JUG

Nov 5, 2014
Well I know someone who has done the same, i.e doing two Graduate certificate programs back to back. And she applied for PGWP in October. And to her horror she has got a 1 year PGWP. So I would advice you to go ahead with a 1 years masters or any course which when added makes a 2 year program.

rosykaur

Star Member
Nov 3, 2014
I don't understand why u pepole take risk of studying in Ontario. Why study and try two PG certificate programs? Why not study PG Diploma programs 2 years duration in British Columbia? Easy PR in BC, and no PR option in Ontario. Tell me one reason why Obtario and why so much risk?

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
rosykaur said:
I don't understand why u pepole take risk of studying in Ontario. Why study and try two PG certificate programs? Why not study PG Diploma programs 2 years duration in British Columbia? Easy PR in BC, and no PR option in Ontario. Tell me one reason why Obtario and why so much risk?
Ontario has better job opportunities after studies for business/admin profile......and its just my personal opinion.....if u dont get a skilled job PR is just as difficult anywhere else. So according to me ur education profile is more important than province or city. u will see agents convincing u otherwise as they r not in canada and mostly less educated than u.
check on job bank.....job bank is going to be important site when express entry program starts in jan 2015.
http://www.jobbank.gc.ca/home-eng.do?lang=eng

rosykaur

Star Member
Nov 3, 2014
But, Mead how do one file PR from Ontario. No PNP in Ontario. I know your are right when you say that we focus on study. But, not all can. I am from Pun jab, I know how parents collect funds and pressure get to students for earning money in Canada.majority of us Punjabi students cannot focus on study. Please you guide. For me no problem as my parents fund study.but for many problems as their parents not able to fund.

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
rosykaur said:
But, Mead how do one file PR from Ontario. No PNP in Ontario. I know your are right when you say that we focus on study. But, not all can. I am from Pun jab, I know how parents collect funds and pressure get to students for earning money in Canada.majority of us Punjabi students cannot focus on study. Please you guide. For me no problem as my parents fund study.but for many problems as their parents not able to fund.
there used to be CEC now it will change to express entry 2015 so if u have a skilled job dont depend on PNP.....by the time u graduate PNP's may change.....PNP r risky as they frequently change ....also small cities have their set of problems.....if u dont have the funds for tuition fees dont take a risk and come to canada ......make money in india and then come to canada.....again this is my personal opinion ...I have seen lot of people who dont get a job after graduation or fail and get kicked out of college/university.....people get 3 years work permit and then since they dont get a job they start working in crappy places like mcdonalds ..starbucks etc and keep moving from province to province ....

rosykaur

Star Member
Nov 3, 2014
All respect to you. But, I disagree.why will rules change where Canada requires people.Rules will changenable and become strict where no people required.canada don't require new people in Toronto. You highlight one express entry for skilled jobs and you don't highlight 10 PNP programs which easy to get PR. YOur say student work at crappie places. That all happen in Toronto where getting jobs difficult. Your advise we students value.please update knowledge Mead.

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
rosykaur said:
All respect to you. But, I disagree.why will rules change where Canada requires people.Rules will changenable and become strict where no people required.canada don't require new people in Toronto. You highlight one express entry for skilled jobs and you don't highlight 10 PNP programs which easy to get PR. YOur say student work at crappie places. That all happen in Toronto where getting jobs difficult. Your advise we students value.please update knowledge Mead.
again i am not saying go to toronto or any specific province i am saying go to a program which best suits u and is good quality education rather than compromising ur education in an attempt to get into a good PNP province....if u have good education and a good job PR will follow. focus on education thats way more important.

rosykaur

Star Member
Nov 3, 2014
Mead, I am average student and all average students being misled by what you saying. You say possible but it not possible. Many many Punjabi students finding so difficult living life like hell afer completing study in Toronto or Ontario. They move other province for PR and jobs. Even Toronto get jobs, they have no option for PR.

Who is getting PR from Ontario after diploma or pg diploma. I am sure no one.please let all know that with Master program chance of PR only.

More Punjabi student look for PR not program. Please talk about more than 80% student who look for visa, PR.

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
rosykaur said:
Mead, I am average student and all average students being misled by what you saying. You say possible but it not possible. Many many Punjabi students finding so difficult living life like hell afer completing study in Toronto or Ontario. They move other province for PR and jobs. Even Toronto get jobs, they have no option for PR.

Who is getting PR from Ontario after diploma or pg diploma. I am sure no one.please let all know that with Master program chance of PR only.

More Punjabi student look for PR not program. Please talk about more than 80% student who look for visa, PR.
i think u have made up ur mond ....however u wont understand the point till u get where ever ur going.....good luck .....i hope u selected ur program wisely

harpreet1990singh

Star Member
Nov 2, 2014
All programs available all provinces, select program and province wisely. Don't chose Ontario iif you look for PR. Come, study and go back home or live life very bad going from one province to another.