+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can the work permit be received in Canada?

Jan 26, 2018
if I’m in Canada on a visitor visa and I get a job offer that is LMIA exempt and I apply for a work permit, can the work permit be mailed to an address I give them in Canada?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

if I’m in Canada on a visitor visa and I get a job offer that is LMIA exempt and I apply for a work permit, can the work permit be mailed to an address I give them in Canada?
1. IRCC doesn't mail an actual work permit to the address (overseas case) you will get an LOE, which means you have to leave Canada and reenter to obtain your actual work permit.

Jan 26, 2018
Hi

1. IRCC doesn't mail an actual work permit to the address (overseas case) you will get an LOE, which means you have to leave Canada and reenter to obtain your actual work permit.
Thanks for your response. Does that mean I could go to the USA border and re-enter Canada there even if I don’t have a USA visa?

V_Mint

Feb 2, 2019
Hi

Please also confirm that is it mandatory to go to border can't we apply online.