+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

can the officer deport a pregnant lady with valid TRV!

Talinalex

Apr 11, 2016
please help,

a friend of mine got approved of TRV earlier she and her husband, she was planning to come in the summer but her plans are changed , she got pregnant and now is thinking of coming here when she is ( 30-32 weeks) have the baby and gt hm passport , stay here for 2-3 months and go back, she never came here or her husband, but she has some family and friends here and they are financially able to cover the costs.

can she be prevented to enter even with a valid TRV? and what she should do?

thanks

Wonderland_1010

Champion Member
Aug 24, 2015
Regina, SK
Category........
PNP
please help,

a friend of mine got approved of TRV earlier she and her husband, she was planning to come in the summer but her plans are changed , she got pregnant and now is thinking of coming here when she is ( 30-32 weeks) have the baby and gt hm passport , stay here for 2-3 months and go back, she never came here or her husband, but she has some family and friends here and they are financially able to cover the costs.

can she be prevented to enter even with a valid TRV? and what she should do?

thanks

They will ask her how long she's gona stay in Canada and what will she be doing while she stays here. So it depends on the CSBA officers to tell how long she can stay for.

Also she cannot apply for Canadian Citizenship even though her baby will be born in Canada. She will have to leave together with her child once her stay is up. Her child can move back to Canada once they are old enough but not the mother.

Talinalex

Apr 11, 2016
They will ask her how long she's gona stay in Canada and what will she be doing while she stays here. So it depends on the CSBA officers to tell how long she can stay for.

Also she cannot apply for Canadian Citizenship even though her baby will be born in Canada. She will have to leave together with her child once her stay is up. Her child can move back to Canada once they are old enough but not the mother.
thanks for your reply, she has no problem say she will spend 2-3 months at one of her family's house, and shell leave just when passport for her son is ready, i mean can thy force her for example to stay 1 month ?( because she cant fly when she due anyways!) , no problem f they give her 2- 3 months but the problem is they if they prevent her from entering :(

yes i know,, she knows , she wont get passport or anything, and shell go back with her baby, its just a good benefit for thr baby when he is older to have Canadian passport.

thanks again:)

Wonderland_1010

Champion Member
Aug 24, 2015
Regina, SK
Category........
PNP
thanks for your reply, she has no problem say she will spend 2-3 months at one of her family's house, and shell leave just when passport for her son is ready, i mean can thy force her for example to stay 1 month ?( because she cant fly when she due anyways!) , no problem f they give her 2- 3 months but the problem is they if they prevent her from entering :(

yes i know,, she knows , she wont get passport or anything, and shell go back with her baby, its just a good benefit for thr baby when he is older to have Canadian passport.

thanks again:)

They can deny her from entering but its really upto the CBSA officers because they will ask her why she's entering Canada so late into her pregnancy

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
It is up to the border agent to determine the length of her stay when she is at the border. There is no guarantee that she will get 6 months. I'm guessing you are referring to your sister. Has she received her visa yet? She will have to show significant funds to be able to stay for several months and the CBSA will question her ability to pay for a delivery and any complications.

Last edited:

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
$10K will barely be sufficient to cover the cost of the delivery, provided there are no complications. If CBSA feels that she does not have sufficient funds to cover the trip ($1000/wk), plus airfare, plus funds to cover the delivery, there is a distinct possibility she will be refused entry into Canada. A TRV does not gaurantee entry. It only permits travel to Canada. The border official has the authority and discretion to deny anyone other than citizens entry. The other issue is whether the airline(s) will allow her to travel at 30+ weeks. Many are hesitant to allow pregnant women to fly after 28 weeks due to the risk of pre-mature births.

Talinalex

Apr 11, 2016
It is up to the border agent to determine the length of her stay when she is at the border. There is no guarantee that she will get 6 months. I'm guessing you are referring to your sister. Has she received her visa yet? She will have to show significant funds to be able to stay for several months and the CBSA will question her ability to pay for a delivery and any complications.
Thank u no this is not for my sister..its my friend , my sister did not apply yet
Thy can show that thy have enough money to cover evrth..shez not afraid of getting less than 6 months..but of not be able to enter..i mean theres no rule that says womem cant go canada to give birth...

Talinalex

Apr 11, 2016
$10K will barely be sufficient to cover the cost of the delivery, provided there are no complications. If CBSA feels that she does not have sufficient funds to cover the trip ($1000/wk), plus airfare, plus funds to cover the delivery, there is a distinct possibility she will be refused entry into Canada. A TRV does not gaurantee entry. It only permits travel to Canada. The border official has the authority and discretion to deny anyone other than citizens entry. The other issue is whether the airline(s) will allow her to travel at 30+ weeks. Many are hesitant to allow pregnant women to fly after 28 weeks due to the risk of pre-mature births.
Finances should not be a problem for them..shw checked air canada and they seem fine to let pregnant women on the flight not more than 36 weeks..hope she womt be sent back Thank u for the reply

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
CBSA officer can refuse her entry and send her home on the next flight. That's the short answer to your question. Entry into Canada is never guaranteed and certainly isn't a right just because you have a valid TRV.

Reactions: YVR123