+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can the main applicant delay the landing?

blr2009

Oct 1, 2009
Dear all,

please help me, i need all the help you can provide!

me & my husband applied for a skilled worker immigration visa to canada, and i am the main applicant & my husband is the depandant.
we've done our medicals early this year ( early in January 2009 ) and only now they asked for our passports so that the visa will be issued. And that means that we only have till the end of this year ( 2009 ) to go for the landing.

The problem is i just found out that am pregnant and my doctor sticktly advised me not to consider travelling before i deliver! which will be in june 2010 and by then our visa will be expired!

so, my question is, can my husband alone go do the landing (he's the depandant)??
If i write them telling them about my pregnancy issue, will they understand and exend my visa?
the problem is that i can not risk taking a 26 hours flight since i was waiting for this pregnancy for 7 years!:-(

please advise me!

nicholas30

Champion Member
Nov 4, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No your husband cant land before you & with regard to the pregrancy write a letter ASAP to CIC and see what happens.

chandan

Star Member
Sep 16, 2009
First of all congratulations on your pregnancy. I wish you a safe delivery.
Dependants cannot land before the primary applicant unfortunately.
Your visa cannot be extended, it's only valid for one year from the date of your medicals. If you don't use it and it expires and you still want to emmigrate to canada, you need to start the application from scratch again. New application will be processed based on the new regulations and laws. Because a visa was previously issued to you does not guarantee that it will be issued to you again.
If your doctor has strongly advised you about travelling, don't go against your doctor's advise please.
Whatever your decision is, i wish you God's guidance.

hangza

Star Member
Aug 6, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

Just a thought, can you explain the issue to IO and provide them with evidences that you are expecting baby by sometime June and may be on the medical grounds if they can delay in providing you the visa and on latter date sometime in June again you guys can take medical and on the basis of that if they give you PR.

Just a wild thought, donno if it will work but i think there is no harm trying.

And forgot to congrats for the GOOD NEWS :) All the best and may god bless you all the happiness.

rgds,
hangza

jckdry

Apr 28, 2009
I would suggest to go there as its still early pregnancy
I m sure canada has free child birth and other facilities and your baby will be canadian citizen
Take help from your friends n family in canada for more information
Sorry if I have said something undesirable
thanks

sridas

Jul 18, 2009
hi,
congrats for ur coming doll. no landing in canada without main applicant. but i know one of my friend who suppose to land in june 09, but she had H1N1 flu, and her husband did the landing without her, she sent all required medical documents of her illness, and she is landing in November 09. any way you shuld write n explain ur situation to CHC. all the best

blr2009

Oct 1, 2009
thank you all for your kind wishes
i'm planning to write them, but still waiting to go see my doctor next week first
thanks
wish me good luck in all!

S

saedmahraan

many pregnants travel without problems

dont hesistate it is very simple

if its threatened abortion think again
if not
travel

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

I think you have a critical problem.
As your doctor said about a risk for travel, don't ignore it. Travelling for long hours may cause your health as well as pregnancy too. Sitting idle in the airplane for many hours continuously may cause problem such as swelling on your leg etc... I don't have to explain to you as I guess you are in the healthcare field. So, what I suggest is that you should inform the fact to the embassy preferably with a medical report from your doctor, by which the embassy can delay your visa processing.

As you are long waiting for a baby, please don't take it silly. May God bless.
Take care, Good luck!!

blr2009 said:
Dear all,

please help me, i need all the help you can provide!

me & my husband applied for a skilled worker immigration visa to canada, and i am the main applicant & my husband is the depandant.
we've done our medicals early this year ( early in January 2009 ) and only now they asked for our passports so that the visa will be issued. And that means that we only have till the end of this year ( 2009 ) to go for the landing.

The problem is i just found out that am pregnant and my doctor sticktly advised me not to consider travelling before i deliver! which will be in june 2010 and by then our visa will be expired!

so, my question is, can my husband alone go do the landing (he's the depandant)??
If i write them telling them about my pregnancy issue, will they understand and exend my visa?
the problem is that i can not risk taking a 26 hours flight since i was waiting for this pregnancy for 7 years!:-(

please advise me!

Odeks

Star Member
Sep 25, 2009
I congratulate u on that. May it be noted that your pregnancy supersede any other things. Its ideal to write to the embassy in question,they are human being like yourself,like Africa here,we cherish pregnancy/baby/kid than any other material things.The earlier the better,give the embassy the reasons for you to stay back on the instruction given by your doctor with proper documentation cos u may not be called before taken decision on whether to extends the visa or not,its your documents that speaks for u,do not risk anything woman.I pray its well with u Amen.