+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can the applicant apply for TRV while application for Outland sponsorship?

fiojohn

Dec 17, 2016
Hello,
I'm married to a Canadian. My husband and I are thinking to apply for Outland sponsorship, however we have already been apart for 5 months and as all of u know, is very hard and sad! To be apart from who you love :'( I applied for TRV as family visitor, but got denied. :'( :'( Now we are thinking just to go ahead with the Outland sponsorship. However, while all the process, online it says it will take 14 months for the answer if not more. ( I am from Peru)
My question is, if I send my application for outland sponsorship, can I also, separately, apply for TRV to visit and see my husband? Or together with the paperwork for sponsorship would I need to also send my passport to start with?
Thank you for the answer, and best of luck to all!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
fiojohn said:
My question is, if I send my application for outland sponsorship, can I also, separately, apply for TRV to visit and see my husband? Or together with the paperwork for sponsorship would I need to also send my passport to start with?
Hi

Yes, you can apply separately for a TRV. You can't apply for a TRV with the PR app and you don't send your passport until it is requested.

Note that with a previous refusal and a PR app in process, the chances of being approved for a TRV are very low. You will need to show significant ties to Peru.