+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can study permit medicals be used for spouse PR medical examination?

shilpa@123

May 6, 2021
Hi All,

I have taken medicals for my study permit application 2 months ago. (IME:Non EDE, Upfront Medical Type: Student).
Now I've got medical examination request for my spouse PR application( IME type mentioned is EDE. )

Can I use the upfront medicals I have taken for the study permit application for my spouse PR application as well?
The newly requested one is not an upfront one and expected to be submitted by the panel physician.

Can anyone please help me with this and if this is possible, can anyone please help me with the procedure of submission?

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Hi All,

I have taken medicals for my study permit application 2 months ago. (IME:Non EDE, Upfront Medical Type: Student).
Now I've got medical examination request for my spouse PR application( IME type mentioned is EDE. )

Can I use the upfront medicals I have taken for the study permit application for my spouse PR application as well?
The newly requested one is not an upfront one and expected to be submitted by the panel physician.

Can anyone please help me with this and if this is possible, can anyone please help me with the procedure of submission?
Unfortunately the answer is no. You have to wait for the medical request from IRCC and do another one.