+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can study any major as PR in Canada ?

santi_marlon

Sep 19, 2019
Hello
I ask this inquiry for one of my friend
I've heard that there are wide study opportunities in the Canada.
But is it possible someone(PR holder) with different background start to study something else rather than his main major that was studying in his country? more clear I mean, someone has a Bachelor in software-engineering (computer) but he would like to study aerospace engineering in master level and not tend to start from the basic level like bachelor.
Thanks

Ar12345

Star Member
Nov 11, 2020
They can do anything they want except to vote as a PR. So obviously, they don't have any immigration related restrictions to study whatever they want in whichever canadian university they want to. They may also qualify for domestic tuition and education grants as PR.

Whether they can enter an aerospace masters program or not purely will depend on their educational background and their undergraduate qualifications. Universities have their own eligibility requirements

Reactions: santi_marlon

santi_marlon

Sep 19, 2019
They can do anything they want except to vote as a PR. So obviously, they don't have any immigration related restrictions to study whatever they want in whichever canadian university they want to. They may also qualify for domestic tuition and education grants as PR.

Whether they can enter an aerospace masters program or not purely will depend on their educational background and their undergraduate qualifications. Universities have their own eligibility requirements
Thanks for your response
Yes mostly I meant
Universities have their own eligibility requirements
This part.
Yes, eligibility of university is not related to possessing PR or NOT
Thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello
I ask this inquiry for one of my friend
I've heard that there are wide study opportunities in the Canada.
But is it possible someone(PR holder) with different background start to study something else rather than his main major that was studying in his country? more clear I mean, someone has a Bachelor in software-engineering (computer) but he would like to study aerospace engineering in master level and not tend to start from the basic level like bachelor.
Thanks
Whether this is possible will depend on what the admission requirements are for aerospace programs from an academic perspective.

PR status has nothing to do with it.

santi_marlon

Sep 19, 2019
Thanks for your response
and have you ever heard that someone study two master degree simultaneously while it's possible option?

thanks

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks for your response
and have you ever heard that someone study two master degree simultaneously while it's possible option?

thanks
It is pretty rare unless there is an actual program which offers a dual masters. It would be pretty unusual to get into a masters in aerospace engineering without an undergraduate in aerospace engineering. These are pretty specific fields

santi_marlon

Sep 19, 2019
It is pretty rare unless there is an actual program which offers a dual masters. It would be pretty unusual to get into a masters in aerospace engineering without an undergraduate in aerospace engineering. These are pretty specific fields
Thanks for your response
In Canada do we have culture of negotiation with direct manager of such a these problems ? for example, you prove that even though you are not qualified in bachelor degree for aerospace but you are/would reaching to that level with your effort ?
Broadly speaking, I would like to know , would something like this story could be happened there?

uppperkut

Jan 28, 2017
Somewhere in ON
Thanks for your response
In Canada do we have culture of negotiation with direct manager of such a these problems ? for example, you prove that even though you are not qualified in bachelor degree for aerospace but you are/would reaching to that level with your effort ?
Broadly speaking, I would like to know , would something like this story could be happened there?
I think it comes down to whether a job is regulated or not. You can't negotiate your way into being a surgeon, but you can certainly get software engineering jobs if you haven't studied computer science before.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Thanks for your response
No. You cannot negotiate your way past admission requirements.

You can do things like challenge exams but you cannot bribe or negotiate your way past eligibility requirements.

If you have a BA in Persian Literature and try to argue that this qualifies you in aerospace engineering or veterinary medicine, you will most likely not be successful because the degrees assume base knowledge in the field that is only generally attainable through undergraduate education.

santi_marlon

Sep 19, 2019

You can do things like challenge exams but you cannot bribe or negotiate your way past eligibility requirements.

If you have a BA in Persian Literature and try to argue that this qualifies you in aerospace engineering or veterinary medicine, you will most likely not be successful because the degrees assume base knowledge in the field that is only generally attainable through undergraduate education.
I know what's you and Canadian problem
Let me I conclude this by stating my idea:
Not all things can be following rule
see , elon musk
see , steve jobs
and many more who has not had degree or even get fired but they have been changed the world
Please do not think stereotype
Please be widely

You can study literature but you can have extraordinary potential to make rocket or satelite
For my claim I send you a link that
a young man with wedding photographer background
now making a real rocket like spaceX
Please never limit your imagination and never thought how big can human's brain to be............

santi_marlon

Sep 19, 2019

Your message button does not appear to me
anyway
check bps[.]space (website) and verify my talking.
Thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thanks for your response
Generally speaking, schools have minimum requirements and will not admit anyone who does not meet the minimum requirements. However you can always contact the university to ask whether there is flexibility. The answer will vary widely based on the program and school.

Some programs are also very competitive. For competitive programs, even if you meet the minimum requirements, this doesn't meet you will be admitted to the program.

Reactions: YVR123

santi_marlon

Sep 19, 2019
ask whether there is flexibility
Hello
Yes mostly I am looking and meaning this
will vary widely based on the program and school.
School and Program and Department and Book are all things that human being are being defined as rule
And rule is a written protocol that again human being was defined and always flexibility could be found on every side of it.
thanks

AishB

Sep 29, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
AOR Received.
13-02-2021
Passport Req..
30-08-2022
Hello

School and Program and Department and Book are all things that human being are being defined as rule
And rule is a written protocol that again human being was defined and always flexibility could be found on every side of it.
thanks
To give you a perspective on Aerospace Engineering (being one myself), a strong SOP is needed to explain why the student wishes to move to aerospace and how does the past experience help the student cope in the current program. The admissions are just a guideline and can be made "slightly" flexible on a case to case basis. If you have any specific requirement that you have in mind, I can take a look at that - final call will be by the admissions committee.

Basic requirements will remain the same like LOR, SOP, English Tests and Competitive GPAs. It all depends on the University and how the student presents their case to the admissions committee.
As for dual Master's, some programs do offer (not all). If you still want to do a dual master, the university can help in doing so but in terms of admission, the student will have to meet the entry requirements for both the program.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello

thanks
Essentially depends if you meet the prerequisites. Engineering programs aren't known to be that flexible because a masters degree on a very good knowledge base from the bachelors in aeronautical engineering. You use the example of Elon Musk but he isn't actually doing the engineering. He had the concept but his teams are the ones who are licensed engineers and PhDs who make sure things actually function.