+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can spouse sponsored and landed 1 year ago apply for Employment Insurance (EI) and not breach the sponsor aggreement with IRCC...please advice

caname91

Mar 20, 2020
I need advice please.....I sponsored my spouse who has landed 1 year ago, my spouse worked but has stopped working and wants to apply for employment insurance (EI).....I remember as the sponsor I signed IRCC sponsor agreement to support my spouse after landing will not get or ask for government financial assistance or social assistance during the 3 years after landing as PR....and I don't want my spouse to apply for EI as this will breach my sponsor agreement and don't want any IRCC problems as the sponsor.....but my spouse disagrees and wants to apply for EI......please advice will IRCC consider EI as government financial or social assistance as my spouse just landed and the 3 years has not elapsed......and will spouse receiving EI create any problems

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
I need advice please.....I sponsored my spouse who has landed 1 year ago, my spouse worked but has stopped working and wants to apply for employment insurance (EI).....I remember as the sponsor I signed IRCC sponsor agreement to support my spouse after landing will not get or ask for government financial assistance or social assistance during the 3 years after landing as PR....and I don't want my spouse to apply for EI as this will breach my sponsor agreement and don't want any IRCC problems as the sponsor.....but my spouse disagrees and wants to apply for EI......please advice will IRCC consider EI as government financial or social assistance as my spouse just landed and the 3 years has not elapsed......and will spouse receiving EI create any problems
Won’t affect

Reactions: scylla

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
EI is not social assistance. You are good to go.

Reactions: caname91