+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can someone relate to our situation.

Manal90

Star Member
Jan 5, 2018
Hi everyone,
Am hoping someone can relate to this and give as an idea on when we should expect to get a request for a new medical.

We applied on June, 2016. Our case is a bit complicated as the sponsor (me) not eligible to sponsor thus, we requested for h&c. On February they ordered us to submit DNA test between Canadian born child and the applicant (the dad) which we did within 3 weeks.

The VO Confirmed they received the result. That was about a month ago.we have been very patient but we are close to 2yr mark and getting More frustrated with the slow process. Does anyone know when to expect re medical request? I appreciate your help.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi everyone,
Am hoping someone can relate to this and give as an idea on when we should expect to get a request for a new medical.

We applied on June, 2016. Our case is a bit complicated as the sponsor (me) not eligible to sponsor thus, we requested for h&c. On February they ordered us to submit DNA test between Canadian born child and the applicant (the dad) which we did within 3 weeks.

The VO Confirmed they received the result. That was about a month ago.we have been very patient but we are close to 2yr mark and getting More frustrated with the slow process. Does anyone know when to expect re medical request? I appreciate your help.
Hi

Given your circumstances, no one is going to be able to even guess.

immigrant7

Aug 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo -> Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-MAY-2012
AOR Received.
27-AUG-2012
IELTS Request
With Application
File Transfer...
27-AUG-2012
Med's Request
29-OCT-2012
Med's Done....
05-NOV-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-SEP-2013
VISA ISSUED...
10-OCT-2013
LANDED..........
19-OCT-2013
Remedicals will be when they get to you application file and proceed with it. But then no one would know or can predict.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Your case is not typical so you can't compare it to a normal spousal sponsorship. It also sounds like you have other issues that would complicate your application even more. You mentioned health issues, not sure if you are able to work, if you're unable to work there may be concerns about how you will supports yourselves. It is pointless to try and predict how long things will take. You should be focusing on hoping for a positive outcome no matter how long it takes versus having your application refused. It may be frustrating but at least you have been able to find a possible way to bring your husband to Canada. Others have been refused again right away.

Reactions: Manal90