+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can Someone Please Take a Look at My [Redacted] Work History? I'm Unsure of a Few Things

BarryOSullivan

Star Member
Dec 24, 2017
See here:
My work history is very messy over the eligibility period. The main reason is because I always work to some degree as a freelance writer, sometimes with it being my primary source of income, and sometimes it takes a backseat while I work, say, as a barista, and do some freelancing in the evenings. On top of that, I have moved address a lot in this time.

I organized my work history without overlap between the freelancing and in-house jobs and simply marked gaps between working in-house gigs as freelance writing periods. I am unsure if this is the right way to go about it.

I'm also worried about potential continuity errors, as I have marked freelance writing periods as ending in the month adjacent to the new in-house gig each time instead of ending the same month the new job starts. I hope this is correct, but would appreciate some clarification. If anyone can spot any other errors, please let me know! Thank you.

Dec 4, 2020
See here:
My work history is very messy over the eligibility period. The main reason is because I always work to some degree as a freelance writer, sometimes with it being my primary source of income, and sometimes it takes a backseat while I work, say, as a barista, and do some freelancing in the evenings. On top of that, I have moved address a lot in this time.

I organized my work history without overlap between the freelancing and in-house jobs and simply marked gaps between working in-house gigs as freelance writing periods. I am unsure if this is the right way to go about it.

I'm also worried about potential continuity errors, as I have marked freelance writing periods as ending in the month adjacent to the new in-house gig each time instead of ending the same month the new job starts. I hope this is correct, but would appreciate some clarification. If anyone can spot any other errors, please let me know! Thank you.
If I were you, I would put "freelance writer" as one single occupation and let other overlap.

BarryOSullivan

Star Member
Dec 24, 2017
If I were you, I would put "freelance writer" as one single occupation and let other overlap.
That makes perfect sense to me, I was just told by someone else to separate it all out to keep things 'continuous', but that's so cumbersome and not actually accurate really.

There were multiple addresses involved, so I assume I start a new period of freelance writing (w/overlapping jobs following) for each address as it changed? E.g, address 1 - freelance writer - Jan - October 2020, Job #1 March-April 2020, Job #2 June - September 2020 etc

Dec 4, 2020
That makes perfect sense to me, I was just told by someone else to separate it all out to keep things 'continuous', but that's so cumbersome and not actually accurate really.

There were multiple addresses involved, so I assume I start a new period of freelance writing (w/overlapping jobs following) for each address as it changed? E.g, address 1 - freelance writer - Jan - October 2020, Job #1 March-April 2020, Job #2 June - September 2020 etc
I would personally not even worry about that. Freelance writing is a self employed job and you had dormant periods but never actually gave up the profession so I would put it as one since you started professionally and have the current address under it.

Reactions: BarryOSullivan

BarryOSullivan

Star Member
Dec 24, 2017
I would personally not even worry about that. Freelance writing is a self employed job and you had dormant periods but never actually gave up the profession so I would put it as one since you started professionally and have the current address under it.
Right, so I could actually just say Freelance Writer June 2018 to present and fill in the odd gigs in between? That would certainly cut down on the huge amount of tables I have used haha