+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can someone outside contact the VO on my behalf?

DeLion007

Jan 17, 2022
Hi everyone,

So I applied for my study permit on July 3rd and we're now into the second semester and I still haven't heard back. I've contacted the visa office(Nairobi) many times through web forms and emails but to no avail. Given that classes are now in person, I'm now at risk of failing the semester. However, my uncle happens to be the ambassador to Canada in my country(Uganda). Do you think it would be possible for him to intervene on my behalf? Normally I wouldn't want someone else to jump in, but given the severity of the situation, I think it may be appropriate. I also don't even know if it would work? or if it could negatively affect my application?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi everyone,

So I applied for my study permit on July 3rd and we're now into the second semester and I still haven't heard back. I've contacted the visa office(Nairobi) many times through web forms and emails but to no avail. Given that classes are now in person, I'm now at risk of failing the semester. However, my uncle happens to be the ambassador to Canada in my country(Uganda). Do you think it would be possible for him to intervene on my behalf? Normally I wouldn't want someone else to jump in, but given the severity of the situation, I think it may be appropriate. I also don't even know if it would work? or if it could negatively affect my application?
No. This is not allowed in Canada. He can't influence it and it's not appropriate and will be looked upon badly.