+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CAN SOMEONE HELP

Bashima

Star Member
Mar 20, 2021
If you are a refugee outside Canada you dont have passport and you got a Visa from ircc do they provide a travel document for you? Plz help

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
If you are a refugee outside Canada you dont have passport and you got a Visa from ircc do they provide a travel document for you? Plz help
Are you sure that you got a visa? That is very unusual if you don’t have a passport. Have you applied directly or are you using a broker? Please watch out for scams.

Bornlucky

May 15, 2018
Hello,

Yes, it's possible but like anything immigration-related, it depends.

Please don't simply ask, "depends on what" because it's the issuing office that will decide upon a review of your specific circumstances. If you are a "refugee" under the Convention then ask the folks who decided that you were a Convention refugee if they can assist you.

If you're seeking asylum in another country without having been deemed to be a Convention refugee then you may have to look to your country of citizenship and establish that they won't or can't issue you a travel document before Canada will assist you.

It depends, it depends, it depends but here's reference to the document type: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/refugee-protection/resettlement/depart-abroad/visa.html

Good luck

It details some very specific circumstances where it's used.

Reactions: Samosami

Bashima

Star Member
Mar 20, 2021
Hello,

Yes, it's possible but like anything immigration-related, it depends.

Please don't simply ask, "depends on what" because it's the issuing office that will decide upon a review of your specific circumstances. If you are a "refugee" under the Convention then ask the folks who decided that you were a Convention refugee if they can assist you.

If you're seeking asylum in another country without having been deemed to be a Convention refugee then you may have to look to your country of citizenship and establish that they won't or can't issue you a travel document before Canada will assist you.

It depends, it depends, it depends but here's reference to the document type: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/refugee-protection/resettlement/depart-abroad/visa.html

Good luck

It details some very specific circumstances where it's used.
Thanks a lot for your reply very very helpful. Actually I'm a refugee in south africa and marry a Canadian citizen I got a visa via sponsorship and now I got a ppr ,passport request I sent them an email about being a refugee they reply: we are currently consulting with our counterparts we will send you the feedback once we get it " I dont understand what they mean can you plz explain if you understand them .thx a lot dear.

Bornlucky

May 15, 2018
Thanks a lot for your reply very very helpful. Actually I'm a refugee in south africa and marry a Canadian citizen I got a visa via sponsorship and now I got a ppr ,passport request I sent them an email about being a refugee they reply: we are currently consulting with our counterparts we will send you the feedback once we get it " I dont understand what they mean can you plz explain if you understand them .thx a lot dear.
Hi, I would suggest that they're looking at what avenues may be available in order to facilitate your travel to Canada. Since South Africa determined you to be a Convention refugee then you are likely entitled to a Refugee Travel Document (RTD) from the Department of Home Affairs of South Africa.

I am only guessing but it may be that they return to you and tell you to apply for that RTD and wait for you to receive it.

You should look into what you require to receive the RTD and start the application process given how slow their Department of Home Affairs can be. But I don't need to tell you about South Africa, do I?

Something for you to keep in mind is that you might be able to get some assistance from the International Organization for Migration (IOM) should things stall severely: https://southafrica.iom.int/

Do what you can before trying to enlist their help because they won't do things for you until you've exhausted what you can do - if they'll help at all.

It is a long and trying road that you're travelling, but you are on the road that many are still looking for so don't lose hope. I hope we get to hear about your success.