+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can someone help me assess my situation for the BC PNP Tech Pilot section?

ll527

Jul 1, 2020
Hello all, I would like to ask a question regarding material changes in employment and the pnp application. Please read through my story and any advice/insight would be extremely helpful!

Here is my story: during the end of March, I was unfortunately temporarily laid off by my employer due to COVID-19. My IELTS result arrived in early April so I could not register before the lay-off. Knowing now my employment status has changed, I held off the registration, too. Fast forward to last week, I was recalled by my employer to my original position as work has built up and I can now resume as a permanent full-time employee. I immediately submitted my pnp registration and was invited during yesterday's draw.

However, I just realized that there is now a new addendum about changes in employment in place and it says that 'recall to the same position/same employer' is considered as a material change, and 'if you have experienced a material change in employment before your ITA, you should not apply or you will be rejected'. Does this mean I cannot apply anymore? Even if my life is already back to normal?

I hope someone can help me understand this addendum better because I am not sure if I am understanding it correctly. I would understand if it says 'hold off your application until your life is back to normal', but this addendum is basically saying 'don't apply even if your life is back to normal' by having recall as a material change?

I really hope I can apply ASAP. Thank you in advance if you can provide me with any help.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello all, I would like to ask a question regarding material changes in employment and the pnp application. Please read through my story and any advice/insight would be extremely helpful!

Here is my story: during the end of March, I was unfortunately temporarily laid off by my employer due to COVID-19. My IELTS result arrived in early April so I could not register before the lay-off. Knowing now my employment status has changed, I held off the registration, too. Fast forward to last week, I was recalled by my employer to my original position as work has built up and I can now resume as a permanent full-time employee. I immediately submitted my pnp registration and was invited during yesterday's draw.

However, I just realized that there is now a new addendum about changes in employment in place and it says that 'recall to the same position/same employer' is considered as a material change, and 'if you have experienced a material change in employment before your ITA, you should not apply or you will be rejected'. Does this mean I cannot apply anymore? Even if my life is already back to normal?

I hope someone can help me understand this addendum better because I am not sure if I am understanding it correctly. I would understand if it says 'hold off your application until your life is back to normal', but this addendum is basically saying 'don't apply even if your life is back to normal' by having recall as a material change?

I really hope I can apply ASAP. Thank you in advance if you can provide me with any help.
It looks like your material change happened before you received the invitation, if that's correct, then I think the following applies to you:

• If you experienced a material change in employment before the date of invitation and you did not decline the invitation, your application will be refused following assessment. Your application will not be placed on hold.

I would contact the province to confirm.

huhushow

Star Member
Mar 27, 2020
Did you write your temp layoff on your profile? if yes, you will be Okay, if you didn't notice your layoff on your profile. let province know about your situation.
it's just my opinion. if you have a job now. BC gov doesn't mind your temporary layoff.

ll527

Jul 1, 2020
It looks like your material change happened before you received the invitation, if that's correct, then I think the following applies to you:

• If you experienced a material change in employment before the date of invitation and you did not decline the invitation, your application will be refused following assessment. Your application will not be placed on hold.

I would contact the province to confirm.
Thanks for your reply, Scylla! Yes, that's what I am concerned with. From my understanding that applies to me, but I cannot find a valid reason why they would refuse my application if my life is back to normal... As there is no end date on that addendum, they are basically saying I cannot apply indefinitely.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thanks for your reply, Scylla! Yes, that's what I am concerned with. From my understanding that applies to me, but I cannot find a valid reason why they would refuse my application if my life is back to normal... As there is no end date on that addendum, they are basically saying I cannot apply indefinitely.
Yes - it's not entirely clear. I would contact them to ask about your specific situation. Good luck.

ll527

Jul 1, 2020
Did you write your temp layoff on your profile? if yes, you will be Okay, if you didn't notice your layoff on your profile. let province know about your situation.
it's just my opinion. if you have a job now. BC gov doesn't mind your temporary layoff.
Thanks for your reply, huhushow! That is my opinion, too! I don't see why they would refuse me to apply if I have my job back. When you say write it on my profile, would this be in the application, or the registration process before the ITA? I dont see a section where I can put in temp laid off info during registration.
I have emailed PNP office, do you know if there is another way to contact them?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thank you! I have emailed the PNP office. Do you know if there currently is another way to contact them?
That's the only way to the best of my knowledge.

ll527

Jul 1, 2020
Still no reply from the PNP office. Anyone in a similar situation or have any information regarding this addendum that they are share? I am extremely worried about my situation right now.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Still no reply from the PNP office. Anyone in a similar situation or have any information regarding this addendum that they are share? I am extremely worried about my situation right now.
How long ago did you contact them? It can take a few weeks to hear back.

ll527

Jul 1, 2020
How long ago did you contact them? It can take a few weeks to hear back.
I contacted them last week. I did not know it would take them that long. The last time I contacted them with around a month ago. They replied in 3 days.